Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Perry,

I like it - I will try it for a while at least.

Larry,

Yes, Chief does it for you.
    Joseph P. Carrick, Architect - AIA
    ASUS M51AC Desktop, core i7-4770 CPU @3.4 GHZ, 16 GB Ram, NVidea GT640 with60M with 3GB GM, 30" HiRes (2560/1600) Monitor , (2) 24" ASUS Monitors
    Windows 8.1
    Chief Architect 9, 10, X1, X3, X4 Premium, X5 Premium, X6 Premium

All automatic
    Perry
    P.H. DESIGNS L.L.C.
    Eastvale Calif.
    Alienware, liquid cooled
    Ver 10-"X6 x64 SSA
    WIN 8.1 PRO 64 bit
    Nvidia GTX780 3GB.
    i7 920 2.67-- 12 GB Ram
    40" led monitor

Only works if you only have one template on page 0 or at end of list. If you have more than one template, inter mixed, the number sequence will have a gap.
    Gerry

NewCraft Home Services

Design/ Compliance Review
    PE, X6 , Sketchup 8, TurboCad Pro 20
    -----------------------------------
    ASUS P9X79D, i7-3820, GTX680 w/4gb
    -----------------------------
    If the Government would just cut down more d*** trees, I'd have a much better view of the forest.

Quote Originally Posted by HumbleChief View Post
    Interesting Scott, was that done in X5? or 6?
    Done in x6..........
    D. Scott Hall (The Bridge Troll)
    San Diego, Ca.
    Chief X-5 w/ Win 7
    Asus P6T X58 ATX Core i7
    Intel Core i7 920
    6GB (3X2) DDR3 1600
    NVIDIA GeForce 580 GTX

The videos we watch are not 100% gold, but if we find a gold nugget, the time spent viewing has a value.

We can please some of the people some of the time, but we can't please all the people all of the time..... but I will keep trying.

If you are interested in keeping abreast of any new videos, please subscribe to my channel at YOUTUBE...... channel is ds hall

Quote Originally Posted by perryh View Post
    I use page numbers(1,2,3,4,5) and ,(A-1,A-2,T-1,S-1) etc. in the layout page table and on each page
    Yes, that is essentially what I do with the SHEET INDEX that does not appear in plan, for the sheet index that appears in plan, I eliminate the CA SHEET #, nobody knows what that means except for myself. Therefore I have two sheet indexes on the template plan, one that appears on printed pages and the other that is off to side and does not appear in printed plans.... this second one is for me so I know which sheets to print.
    D. Scott Hall (The Bridge Troll)
    San Diego, Ca.
    Chief X-5 w/ Win 7
    Asus P6T X58 ATX Core i7
    Intel Core i7 920
    6GB (3X2) DDR3 1600
    NVIDIA GeForce 580 GTX

The videos we watch are not 100% gold, but if we find a gold nugget, the time spent viewing has a value.

We can please some of the people some of the time, but we can't please all the people all of the time..... but I will keep trying.

If you are interested in keeping abreast of any new videos, please subscribe to my channel at YOUTUBE...... channel is ds hall

Only works if you only have one template on page 0 or at end of list. If you have more than one template, inter mixed, the number sequence will have a gap.
    I guess I am too simple to understand the problem. Why would anyone have more than one template? The only items I have on Page 0 are the actual borders, date in the proper place, and signature. Everything else is on its page where it should be. The electrical items are on the electrical pages, the mech on the mech and so on. Why more than one template?
    Joey R. Martin,aibd,cgp,cga,caps
    Martin Design & Planning
    Elwood, Indiana
    Cell. 765-860-3567
    eMail. joeymdp@gmail.com

Joey,

IMO it would only be appropriate if you need more than one title block (consultants such as structural, electrical, etc). For most small projects it would be rare - but for larger commercial jobs it's pretty common.
    ASUS M51AC Desktop, core i7-4770 CPU @3.4 GHZ, 16 GB Ram, NVidea GT640 with60M with 3GB GM, 30" HiRes (2560/1600) Monitor , (2) 24" ASUS Monitors
    Windows 8.1

Ahhh, yes. I will get a survey to be added from time to time. I have put a CAD box over my "stuff" and imported the surveyors items on top of the CAD box. That way everything still works in my template system.
    Joey R. Martin,aibd,cgp,cga,caps
    Martin Design & Planning
    Elwood, Indiana
    Cell. 765-860-3567
    eMail. joeymdp@gmail.com

I have a structural Sheet from my engineer that fits really badly on my standard template. This would work really well for that single page, and perhaps others.
    The purpose of Government is to control the common resources, not the common man.

Larry Hawes
    Hawes Home Design
    Vista, CA
    Hawes Home Design

X5 and X6 Public Beta 3
    Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
    Motherboard EVGA Classified SR-2
    Processors (2) 6 core Xeon L5640
    Memory 24GB PNY DDR3 1600
    Video EVGA GTX 780
    Monitor 26" LG 1920 x 1200
    21" Viewsonic

Larry,

If it's just a single sheet I wouldn't consider it a template.
    Windows 8.1

What would you consider it? Is it just semantics? The ability to create another 'template' to contain that single sheet, or more if needed, will be very valuable. And what other purpose for a template than to contain other types of Layout sheets, no matter how many?
    The purpose of Government is to control the common resources, not the common man.

Larry Hawes
    Hawes Home Design
    Vista, CA
    Hawes Home Design

X5 and X6 Public Beta 3
    Video EVGA GTX 780
    21" Viewsonic

I do work for a contractor who needs a 'presentation' Layout Page. Bare bone project info to present to the client for design approvals. Once that presentation Layout gets approved I need to create a 'Working Layout' for city submittals. This new feature should work great for those 2 different layout Sheets styles. Again a single sheet but a valuable tool none the less IMO.

Larry Hawes
    Hawes Home Design
    Vista, CA
    Hawes Home Design

X5 and X6 Public Beta 3
    Video EVGA GTX 780
    21" Viewsonic

Quote Originally Posted by joey3032 View Post
    I guess I am too simple to understand the problem. Why would anyone have more than one template? The only items I have on Page 0 are the actual borders, date in the proper place, and signature. Everything else is on its page where it should be. The electrical items are on the electrical pages, the mech on the mech and so on. Why more than one template?
    I wouldn't mind having more than one template so that I could have my electrical legend and notes on their own electrical template. Then I wouldn't need to copy and paste the same items on all electrical pages. What I'd like to see though is the ability to embed a template within a template, because I'd like that electrical template to have the same title block from page 0 so that I only have to enter the title block info once. Until we can do that, I'm with you... one template only!
    Levis Lavoie
    Owner / Architectural Tech
    www.design3drafting.ca

X6 Beta 3
    User since X1
    Apple 27" iMac and 15" MacBook Pro

EDIT: This is not the way it works - leaving the post any way.

Levis I think that the title block, and everything else, can be copied from Page 0 the way it's set up now. It depends on where you choose to 'insert page'. If you choose to insert right after page 0 it copies page 0 and all its page block info. If you insert later on in the page list it sets up a blank template. At least that's the way it worked on my test plan.

Larry Hawes
    Hawes Home Design
    Vista, CA
    Hawes Home Design

X5 and X6 Public Beta 3
    Video EVGA GTX 780
    21" Viewsonic

Quote Originally Posted by HumbleChief View Post
    EDIT: This is not the way it works - leaving the post any way.

Levis I think that the title block, and everything else, can be copied from Page 0 the way it's set up now. It depends on where you choose to 'insert page'. If you choose to insert right after page 0 it copies page 0 and all its page block info. If you insert later on in the page list it sets up a blank template. At least that's the way it worked on my test plan.
    When you specify a layout page to be used as a page template, the option to choose which template to use for that page is then greyed out. This new template page is now blank. You can no longer see the information from page 0 (default template page), so if you specify another layout page to use this new template, it will also not have the info from the default template. I know I could copy my title block into this new template page, but that is defeating the purpose because I now have 2 instances of the title block to update and some of my macros might be messed up.

Anyway, it would be nice if the page template option wasn't greyed out even if you click 'Use as Page Template'. Then we could embed a template into another. Another solution could be to allow us to specify more than one template for a single layout page (templates could be overlaid one on top of the other).
    Levis Lavoie
    Owner / Architectural Tech
    www.design3drafting.ca

X6 Beta 3
    User since X1
    Apple 27" iMac and 15" MacBook Pro