Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    I'm trying the page template feature in real world and it is worse than I thought it might be. If you create a template page numbers don't match and I'm finding it really hard to remember which page to actually print.

Was it page 4? That's where I remember the details were, or at least that's page I numbered the bottom of the page. But wait it's actually page 5 or was it 6? Real world usage is really confusing. Oh crap there's a PDF file on that page, hour glass spinning and spinning...sigh. Finally have the preview - wrong page number - again.
    The purpose of Government is to control the common resources, not the common man.

Larry Hawes
    Hawes Home Design
    Vista, CA
    Hawes Home Design

X5 and X6 Public Beta 3
    Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
    Motherboard EVGA Classified SR-2
    Processors (2) 6 core Xeon L5640
    Memory 24GB PNY DDR3 1600
    Video EVGA GTX 780
    Monitor 26" LG 1920 x 1200
    21" Viewsonic

Are you using the project browser? The project browser in X6 is much better then X5 (at least for layout pages). It lists the pages including the labels and names and uses a different button depending on whether or not the page is a template or blank. I found that it is much, much easier to keep track of my layout pages using the browser then without.
    Kilgore Trout

I use a sequential numbering system, simple 1, 2, 3, etc., for my page numbering and I now HAVE to use the project Browser to see what pages I'm printing. Before i could just print page 4, now i have to see if my page 4 is really page 4 before i print.
    The purpose of Government is to control the common resources, not the common man.

Larry Hawes
    Hawes Home Design
    Vista, CA
    Hawes Home Design

X5 and X6 Public Beta 3
    Video EVGA GTX 780
    21" Viewsonic

Happened again. Knew i had to send the view to Layout Page 2 but it ended up on page 1, Chief's version of page 2.

Larry Hawes
    Hawes Home Design
    Vista, CA
    Hawes Home Design

X5 and X6 Public Beta 3
    Video EVGA GTX 780
    21" Viewsonic

Actually no problems really - just won't use Layout Templates - problem fixed.

Larry Hawes
    Hawes Home Design
    Vista, CA
    Hawes Home Design

X5 and X6 Public Beta 3
    Video EVGA GTX 780
    21" Viewsonic

You don't HAVE to use the project browser if you don't want to. For me, I find it much easier to keep track of my pages.

Your pages should all be in order unless you have inserted any new page templates in between or in front of them. You could always move your page templates so that they are after your printed pages. Then all your pages will be in order without any gaps.
    Kilgore Trout

Quote Originally Posted by Kilgore Trout View Post
    You could always move your page templates so that they are after your printed pages. Then all your pages will be in order without any gaps.
    How? I haven't found a way to move them, only insert them. Apologies. Tired of fighting this. I'll figure out another method.

Larry Hawes
    Hawes Home Design
    Vista, CA
    Hawes Home Design

X5 and X6 Public Beta 3
    Video EVGA GTX 780
    21" Viewsonic