Hybrid View

lgswe is offline Registered User Promoted
    Quote Originally Posted by spencerdesign View Post
    Hi Larry,

I usually just draw a polysolid in elevation and replicate. HTH.
    How do you deal with the roof on the eave overhang since the bottom of the sheeting (beadboard) is exposed? I'm thinking to use p-solids for the rafter tails you would need to have the eave overhang a different roof plane with rafters 1/16"x1/16", which would then be hidden by the p-solid rafter tails. I'm playing with different options. I think I might have to use a different roof plane on the gable overhangs because the Gable fascia rafter is a different size than the other rafters. Also the tail detail on the gable fascia is different than the regular rafter tails. I wonder how the valley rafter is treated with the "tail detail"? I don't think you can have different tail details on the valley rafters as compared to the regular rafters in the same roof plane. I'm hoping I can use a shadow board for the drip moulding on the gable and eave even though I have no fascia board on the eave. I really couldn't find any info pretaining to this particular problem. It's going to be a lot of head scratching this afternoon I guess. I wonder if X6 gives us a little more leeway on these kinds of options on roof details and framing? I asked about being on the beta team, but never heard back from CA. I have not had any experience with beta before, which my be the reason, but you would think that being a customer since version 10 they would have at least gave me some sort of reply. I've always been current with SSA.
    Larry Sweeney
    Designer/Builder/Restorations/Period Cabinetmaker since 1972

Chief X5, AutoCad 2010
    Windows 7 Pro
    Asus P8P67 Pro
    Intel Core i7 2600k
    8 GB DDR# 1600mhz
    GTX 670