Need stone wall covering to extend over foundation wall

I have my pony wall with the stone on bottom and vinyl on top. However, I need the stone to extend below the finished floor and on to the exposed surface of the foundation wall as there are actually built. So, I need the stone to extend an extra 8" below the finished floor. I have been using AutoCAD for drawings and recently purchased CA to produce 3D renderings to help with sales. I have zero experience with CA and the help videos don't seem to tell me what I want to know. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Open up wall type dbx, somewhere in there there is a setting for the brick ledge, try that.
    D. Scott Hall (The Bridge Troll)
    San Diego, Ca.
    Chief X-5 w/ Win 7
    Asus P6T X58 ATX Core i7
    Intel Core i7 920
    6GB (3X2) DDR3 1600
    NVIDIA GeForce 580 GTX

The videos we watch are not 100% gold, but if we find a gold nugget, the time spent viewing has a value.

We can please some of the people some of the time, but we can't please all the people all of the time..... but I will keep trying.

If you are interested in keeping abreast of any new videos, please subscribe to my channel at YOUTUBE...... channel is ds hall

Thanks for the quick response. Tried changing ledge depth to +8" and -8" and it did not seem to affect the appearance either way... could just be my lack of experience though. Is there a setting with the foundation or something I need to change?

I have looked in the Chief help database for info that addresses this, and it is thin.

There really ought to be a tutorial that walks one through it. One builds the foundation wall as a pony wall, with the upper wall section having a brick ledge wall layer and, in the case of a simple poured 'crete wall with a formed ledge, the other layer is the "inner" layer. The lower wall of the pony wall is a single layer with thickness equal to both layers above.

The complexity is in understanding the specification dialog that aligns foundation to house walls above, and in dealing with stepped conditions.
    Gene Davis
    SSA: X5 Premium, X4 Premium, X3, X2 (12.5.1.9), 10.08.b
    Intel i7 quad-core 64-bit HM65 express, Windows 7, 16 GB RAM, NVidia GeForce GTX560M - 3 GB GDDRS - SDRAM
    Google Sketchup 8.0
    DropBox cloud storage

I am not sure what Gene is talking about, but try this. This is an example of how this works, it has really nothing to do with a brick ledge. Draw a room using INTERIOR-4 walls, note I am not using brick. Now cut a cross section, tile windows so you can see plan and section at same time. Select wall and open DBX<WALL TYPE<DEFINE<BRICK LEDGE DEPTH ..... change that to 24", note what happened to the exterior finish, that is what the BRICK LEDGE DEPTH does for you, it will change the bottom height of your exterior finish.

Of course you can use this method to extend your brick, I chose to use the interior wall so you understand that this method will change the bottom location of any exterior wall material whether it be brick or drywall........ thanks for asking the question, it just reminded me of this method to help me with something I am working on.
    San Diego, Ca.
    Chief X-5 w/ Win 7
    Asus P6T X58 ATX Core i7
    Intel Core i7 920
    6GB (3X2) DDR3 1600
    NVIDIA GeForce 580 GTX

The videos we watch are not 100% gold, but if we find a gold nugget, the time spent viewing has a value.

We can please some of the people some of the time, but we can't please all the people all of the time..... but I will keep trying.

If you are interested in keeping abreast of any new videos, please subscribe to my channel at YOUTUBE...... channel is ds hall

Also the the stone material must be set as brick brick or it will not work
    Mark Brehaut , Manager
    3D Virtual House Architectural Visualization
    Chief X5
    cinema 4d 14
    Vray for cimema 4d

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    Also the the stone material must be set as brick brick or it will not work
    I just made it work with house wrap. But I believe you need a foundation..... but once you have a foundation you can delete the foundation and it will still work.... unless you aren't standing on your head rubbing your tummy.....
    San Diego, Ca.
    Chief X-5 w/ Win 7
    Asus P6T X58 ATX Core i7
    Intel Core i7 920
    6GB (3X2) DDR3 1600
    NVIDIA GeForce 580 GTX

Here is what Chief has to say about this setting in the wall spec dialog. See below.

It is only going to be in play for monoslab foundations. My remark above about how thin the instructions are, is not for foundations of this type, but for wall foundations.

If you've a foundation WALL underneath that first floor wall, you are going to need to do the foundation wall as a pony wall and specify things correctly for your conditions.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2013-12-09_1843.png 
Views:	171 
Size:	48.5 KB 
ID:	61702

Here is Chief addressing brick ledges done in stemwalls and pier-type foundations.

Name:	2013-12-09_1848.jpg 
Views:	331 
Size:	71.4 KB 
ID:	61703

And then, further, when doing a brickledge in a monoslab situation.

Name:	2013-12-09_1843.png 
Views:	171 
Size:	48.5 KB 
ID:	61702

Again, some good video instruction would be good to show doing this in the stemwall condition.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2013-12-09_1849.png 
Views:	292 
Size:	55.2 KB 
ID:	61704  
    Gene Davis
    SSA: X5 Premium, X4 Premium, X3, X2 (12.5.1.9), 10.08.b
    Intel i7 quad-core 64-bit HM65 express, Windows 7, 16 GB RAM, NVidia GeForce GTX560M - 3 GB GDDRS - SDRAM
    Google Sketchup 8.0
    DropBox cloud storage

Good info, thanks Gene.
    San Diego, Ca.
    Chief X-5 w/ Win 7
    Asus P6T X58 ATX Core i7
    Intel Core i7 920
    6GB (3X2) DDR3 1600
    NVIDIA GeForce 580 GTX