Imported solid not casting a final view shadow

G,Day again
    Chief X5
    Need help on final view shadows
    Imported solid object does not cast a shadow in "final view with shadows"
    Any ideas ?

Thanks
    Brian Dominick

What kind of symbol is it? I'm not sure if all symbol types will cast shadows in the "final view with shadows".
    Are other objects in the same room casting shadows? Maybe your lighting or materials are wrong.
    Does it make shadows in a raytrace view? Maybe the symbol has a problem.
    You might want to post the plan (or even just the symbol) here and someone might be able to confirm the problem or figure it out.
    Kilgore Trout

Might be the material definitions of the symbol
    Michael

Chief Architect X3-X6
    Windows 7
    I5 Quad core 8 GB
    NVIDEA Ge Force GT430

Hi Brian,

Can you post the object in an empty plan and the original object that you imported? Otherwise we are just guessing.

How do I attach something to this message ?
    Thanks
    Brian

Use the "Go Advanced" button on the bottom right to get more options.
    Michael

Chief Architect X3-X6
    Windows 7
    I5 Quad core 8 GB
    NVIDEA Ge Force GT430

Ok I just discovered how to attach a file , its a bit confusing with 2 Reply buttons.

I have attached a final view pdf file. The solid in question is the center roof section. You can even see the sun shining through the roof and out through the 2 windows onto the paving outside, as if the roof did not exist at all.
    I created this unusual roof profile in another 3d cad program and converted it to a solid object and then exported it as a dwg file and imported it to Chief. Maybe I should have created this solid in Chief, I thought I would save some time using an existing solid object.

Thanks everyone for helping out.
    Brian
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	New Picture (1).jpg 
Views:	145 
Size:	11.7 KB 
ID:	61693  

Your photo's size and clarity doesn't adequately illustrate what you've done or what the problem is IMO. When I post images on Chief Talk, I try to size them around 640 x 480 pixels. If you want better advice, it would be better for you to save your plan and then close it (you can leave Chief open but close your plan), then navigate to your plan file with Explorer > Send > Compressed Folder; then using manage attachments, find your zipped plan file (same location as your plan file) and post it here so we can see exactly what you are talking about. I would always try to create something like this with Chief first, but I know there are some Sketchup experts out there that would possibly do something similar to what you did depending on the complexity of the roof design you are using.
    Curt Johnson

X5

Puget Systems Custom Computer, Win 7 Pro 64-bit SP1, 3.3Ghz Intel Core i5 2500K Quad, 8 GB Kingston DDR3-1333 Ram, Intel X25-M 80 GB SSD App Drive, WD 500 GB Caviar Blue SATA 6 Gb/s Data Drive, EVGA GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1024MB VC, Antec 650W PS, Asus p8P67 Pro REV 3.0 Motherboard

Thanks Curtis
    But the plan file is over 3mb zipped, so cant post it
    Brian

Thanks everyone
    I am not too concerned if I cannot resolve this as this is part of an existing building.
    Brian Dominick

Why don't you just attach the symbol you imported??
    Michael

Chief Architect X3-X6
    Windows 7
    I5 Quad core 8 GB
    NVIDEA Ge Force GT430