Hybrid View

Used to, but very little these days due to the economy that hasn't fully recovered. Most of the builders around here are getting by with remodeling projects, plus re-sales dominate the market.

I started with CA5 back in 1999 & used their VHS cassettes (16 of them & I still have them), plus the manual to learn. Subsequently upgraded to CA6, CA9.5 and CA10 which is my latest version. It's been a good ride, but with the market as it is & my age I don't expect to be working with CA much longer, if at all for local builders.
    Al

As I age I find I'm losing my memory... and that is a load off my mind!
    CA 10.08a
    Previous User of V5.0, 6.0 & 9.54 ... I think?

Quote: ("I believe the word here is talent" - "you have the talent or you don't")
    Architecture, design, art or what ever you want to call it

Who taught the great painters and artist over time?, I believe they may have been "self taught", most of them couldn't afford to own a donkey, horse and cart, go to day care, school, college or dare I say it "art school"

Quote Originally Posted by michaeljames View Post
    Who taught the great painters and artist over time?, I believe they may have been "self taught", most of them couldn't afford to own a donkey, horse and cart, go to day care, school, college or dare I say it "art school"
    To whom are you referring? Rembrandt? Michelango? Virtually all of the great painters and sculptors spent a significant period of time as apprentices to other painters and sculptors. Pick someone you think is "great" and do a search for their background on wikipedia. You will find that virtually NO ONE was "self taught." Well, maybe Grandma Moses was self-taught, but I would not put her work in the same category as Rembrandt or Michelangelo.
    Richard
    ---------------
    Richard Morrison
    Architect-Interior Designer
    X6 Premier, Win8 64
    http://www.richardmorrison.com