btb is offline Registered User Promoted

screen display disintegrates when editing in views

i'm running x1 on a computer just given to me with windows 8 64 bit and the camera view disintegrates when i try to edit in camera view. camera view (either cross section or render) also toggles in and out of view once i begin trying to edit. Even before i begin editing, when running the cursor over the cross section, the screen seems to begin disintegrating. Is this a compatibility issue? I believe the graphics driver is up to date (nvidia quadro fx3500)

Chief recommends you get a gaming card, it could be your Quadro. There are some people that do have them so maybe an adjustment to the card but I never had one so can't help.
    Perry
    P.H. DESIGNS L.L.C.
    Eastvale Calif.
    Alienware, liquid cooled
    Ver 10-"X6 x64 SSA
    WIN 8.1 PRO 64 bit
    Nvidia GTX780 3GB.
    i7 920 2.67-- 12 GB Ram
    40" led monitor

Does it degrade as you are tumbling your view and then it comes back to looking good after you stop moving? There is a setting that makes it do that. I have not touched x1 in a very long time so I can not remember what it is called if that is what is happening.
    alan lehman - Lehman Design Studio - Carmel, CA
    www.LehmanDesignStudio.com
    vX5 with the latest patch
    Intel i7-3770k cpu @ 3.5ghz, 16gb mem., Win 7, Nvidia GeForce GTX 660
    "No rest for the wicked or the freelancers."

X1 does not work especially well with newer operating systems. It barely worked on Vista, it's not surprising to see a problem like this in windows 8. It does sound like a graphics driver issue. If you can get a trial version of X5 and test that you will know if it's something specific about X1 or if it's possibly a driver issue. If the trial X5 does not work, you likely have a driver problem or hardware problem with you video card.
    Dan Park,
    Special Projects Director,
    Chief Architect

btb is offline Registered User Promoted
    thank you all for your replies. If i were to upgrade to x5 would i be able to open and use plans from x1?

Quote Originally Posted by btb View Post
    thank you all for your replies. If i were to upgrade to x5 would i be able to open and use plans from x1?
    Yep...........
    D. Scott Hall (The Bridge Troll)
    San Diego, Ca.
    Chief X-5 w/ Win 7
    Asus P6T X58 ATX Core i7
    Intel Core i7 920
    6GB (3X2) DDR3 1600
    NVIDIA GeForce 580 GTX

The videos we watch are not 100% gold, but if we find a gold nugget, the time spent viewing has a value.

We can please some of the people some of the time, but we can't please all the people all of the time..... but I will keep trying.

If you are interested in keeping abreast of any new videos, please subscribe to my channel at YOUTUBE...... channel is ds hall