Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaskan Son View Post
    Scott,

You realize you're nearly up to 10,000 posts?? You should really think about making your posts shorter and more numerous. You could be there before you know it : )
    The 10,000 posts club, wow, I will soon be recognized as being one of the big boys. Actually Michael, I do not think that total includes the posts in the ChatRoom, and that is where I post most often, so I am probably up to maybe 27,000 or 28,000 actual posts......... I wonder how much more money I would have in my pocket if I spent less time posting and more time working.
    D. Scott Hall (The Bridge Troll)
    San Diego, Ca.
    Chief X-5 w/ Win 7
    Asus P6T X58 ATX Core i7
    Intel Core i7 920
    6GB (3X2) DDR3 1600
    NVIDIA GeForce 580 GTX

The videos we watch are not 100% gold, but if we find a gold nugget, the time spent viewing has a value.

We can please some of the people some of the time, but we can't please all the people all of the time..... but I will keep trying.

If you are interested in keeping abreast of any new videos, please subscribe to my channel at YOUTUBE...... channel is ds hall

Quote Originally Posted by mkennedy View Post
    Here it is, have fun...
    I had some small discrepancies in my field work and had to tinker with the offending front wall placement quite a bit. In addition there's that odd construction - the second story cantilevers out into the garage volume, so the rear corner of the garage has a ceiling while the remainder is open volume.
    Matt, i took a look at it, i did not see the issue the OP had. There is a little z fighting, but in render view it looked okay. There were a few things that I would of loved to of explored, but I couldn't open in x5, got stuck in something else and i do not think it is permissible yet to show and tell, even though you know what is out there for those that want to see it.

Don't understand why you would not MELD some of the roof planes that are coplanar into one plane unless they are new and exising or possibly framed with different size rafters. There is a conc stem wall in garage I did understand, but that probably was not a focus of yours. Looks good.....
    San Diego, Ca.
    Chief X-5 w/ Win 7
    Asus P6T X58 ATX Core i7
    Intel Core i7 920
    6GB (3X2) DDR3 1600
    NVIDIA GeForce 580 GTX

The videos we watch are not 100% gold, but if we find a gold nugget, the time spent viewing has a value.

We can please some of the people some of the time, but we can't please all the people all of the time..... but I will keep trying.

If you are interested in keeping abreast of any new videos, please subscribe to my channel at YOUTUBE...... channel is ds hall

I had forgotten about that roof plane - I don't remember why I would have built that seperately. Next time I open the model I'll try to remember to melld them.
    I didn't look that closely at the OPs pix, seemed he was missing upper walls at a roof to wall condition, but as I write, I think he was missing siding at the floor system and I mine is actually missing the walls up to the roof.
    I fooled with mine for a minute, and I don't really see an obvious cause. That cantilever area seems to be the kind of condition that offends CA - different ceiling heights over a room often give me some odd results, floor heights seemingly changing themselves (I'm sure as a result of opening a room and letting definitions leak or some such).
    As for the garage, what can I say - CA slabs and I struggle to co-exist. I have a new slab against an old slab, a new slab against an existing stem wall, a new slab against a new stem with girder hangers and an existing slab against a new slab with a 2 story footing. I have all kinds of weird stuff going on. I usually surrender after getting a decent camera, close enough that I can use it for section, if not for an actual larger scale detail.
    Matt Kennedy
    Win7, v2 beta thru x6

Matt,

I only looked at your plan for like 2 minutes, however I DID notice that if you turn on all layers, you have some very funky framing things going on with the roof that may help you figure out your other issues.
    Michael

Chief Architect X3-X6
    Windows 7
    I5 Quad core 8 GB
    NVIDEA Ge Force GT430

Quote Originally Posted by dshall View Post
    The 10,000 posts club, wow, I will soon be recognized as being one of the big boys. Actually Michael, I do not think that total includes the posts in the ChatRoom, and that is where I post most often, so I am probably up to maybe 27,000 or 28,000 actual posts......... I wonder how much more money I would have in my pocket if I spent less time posting and more time working.
    Do you carry a lot of money in your pocket?? In California especially!!??
    Michael

Chief Architect X3-X6
    Windows 7
    I5 Quad core 8 GB
    NVIDEA Ge Force GT430

Quote Originally Posted by Alaskan Son View Post
    Do you carry a lot of money in your pocket?? In California especially!!??
    Michael, I have not had more than $13.77 in my pocket since the great crash of 2008. When I am not working, I am panhandling on the corner of RB Road & RB Center Drive, usually net at least $13.27 on a good day which enables me to take Lynn out for a very nice dinner……. she is on the never ending diet……. as am I since she noticed a protuberance above my belt….. so I get by without spending much money on the dinner…… yet it is very nutritous, you know, some spinach, some broccoli, 2.73 ounces of a protein of my choice and some flavored water, what more would a typical American male want?
    San Diego, Ca.
    Chief X-5 w/ Win 7
    Asus P6T X58 ATX Core i7
    Intel Core i7 920
    6GB (3X2) DDR3 1600
    NVIDIA GeForce 580 GTX

Quote Originally Posted by dshall View Post
    Michael, I have not had more than $13.77 in my pocket since the great crash of 2008. When I am not working, I am panhandling on the corner of RB Road & RB Center Drive, usually net at least $13.27 on a good day which enables me to take Lynn out for a very nice dinner……. she is on the never ending diet……. as am I since she noticed a protuberance above my belt….. so I get by without spending much money on the dinner…… yet it is very nutritous, you know, some spinach, some broccoli, 2.73 ounces of a protein of my choice and some flavored water, what more would a typical American male want?
    That made me want to cry :,(
    Michael

Chief Architect X3-X6
    Windows 7
    I5 Quad core 8 GB
    NVIDEA Ge Force GT430

M - Thnx, I reframed everything and rebuilt fascias, it all looks ok now. As I said, I had some issues\discrpepancies with my field work, so I had to wrestle the roofs and second floor plan into submission LOL
    Once I get a decent layout view I stop sweating the model so much. At the end of the day, my final product (from CA) is strictly 2D.
    That wall between the new and existing garage is annoying. I don't push the foundation much while I'm presenting design work to clients and after the designs approved non ever get's to see the full model but me, LOL. Someday I'll come to grips with slabs in CA, for now I just accept that I don't know how to model what I want to build\what was built.
    Matt Kennedy
    Win7, v2 beta thru x6

Quote Originally Posted by mkennedy View Post
    M - Thnx, I reframed everything and rebuilt fascias, it all looks ok now. As I said, I had some issues\discrpepancies with my field work, so I had to wrestle the roofs and second floor plan into submission LOL
    Once I get a decent layout view I stop sweating the model so much. At the end of the day, my final product (from CA) is strictly 2D.
    That wall between the new and existing garage is annoying. I don't push the foundation much while I'm presenting design work to clients and after the designs approved non ever get's to see the full model but me, LOL. Someday I'll come to grips with slabs in CA, for now I just accept that I don't know how to model what I want to build\what was built.
    I know where you're coming from. I do mostly interior renderings, and so my model often looks absolutely terrible from everywhere except the interior room I'm working on, and even then if you turn the camera the wrong direction...
    Michael

Chief Architect X3-X6
    Windows 7
    I5 Quad core 8 GB
    NVIDEA Ge Force GT430