Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Help! Walls Not Patching fully?

Hi not quite sure how to explain this. I always get a problem where some my walls on higher floors don't fully meet the roofline. When I try to stretch the walls only the internal wall is reshaped. Help! Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wall troubles on chief talk.jpg 
Views:	155 
Size:	168.3 KB 
ID:	61532

If I had to guess, there maybe a ceiling on the outside. Since you are new...... ...... it is always helpful to post the plan, you will find that you will probably get a very good answer within 5 minutes.
    D. Scott Hall (The Bridge Troll)
    San Diego, Ca.
    Chief X-5 w/ Win 7
    Asus P6T X58 ATX Core i7
    Intel Core i7 920
    6GB (3X2) DDR3 1600
    NVIDIA GeForce 580 GTX

The videos we watch are not 100% gold, but if we find a gold nugget, the time spent viewing has a value.

We can please some of the people some of the time, but we can't please all the people all of the time..... but I will keep trying.

If you are interested in keeping abreast of any new videos, please subscribe to my channel at YOUTUBE...... channel is ds hall

Thanks dshall
    Hopefully these help.....

1. Overlay of the two levels
    2. Ground floor
    3. First floor (in Australia!)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CHIEF TALK 2.jpg 
Views:	120 
Size:	101.6 KB 
ID:	61533Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CHIEF TALK 3.jpg 
Views:	122 
Size:	108.4 KB 
ID:	61534Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CHIEF TALK 4.jpg 
Views:	117 
Size:	68.3 KB 
ID:	61535

Nope, no help, you must post the plan, not pics, if you do not know how to post, do a search for instructions.

If you are truly in Ossie land, I like you already, but just learn to post the darn plans.
    San Diego, Ca.
    Chief X-5 w/ Win 7
    Asus P6T X58 ATX Core i7
    Intel Core i7 920
    6GB (3X2) DDR3 1600
    NVIDIA GeForce 580 GTX

The videos we watch are not 100% gold, but if we find a gold nugget, the time spent viewing has a value.

We can please some of the people some of the time, but we can't please all the people all of the time..... but I will keep trying.

If you are interested in keeping abreast of any new videos, please subscribe to my channel at YOUTUBE...... channel is ds hall

Thanks again dshall - Ill figure out how to post the plans - they don't pay me enough at work for this stuff!

Quote Originally Posted by troubletrouble View Post
    Thanks again dshall - Ill figure out how to post the plans - they don't pay me enough at work for this stuff!
    And they don't pay me enough to help with questions, but that's life, where in Ossie land are you?
    San Diego, Ca.
    Chief X-5 w/ Win 7
    Asus P6T X58 ATX Core i7
    Intel Core i7 920
    6GB (3X2) DDR3 1600
    NVIDIA GeForce 580 GTX

Haha fair enough - I do appreciate the help though. Sydney

Quote Originally Posted by troubletrouble View Post
    Haha fair enough - I do appreciate the help though. Sydney

Sydney, one of my favorite cities, I was there in February and had dinner at Sailor's Thai down in the Rocks District with the Great Glenn Woodward. That was a great evening.
    San Diego, Ca.
    Chief X-5 w/ Win 7
    Asus P6T X58 ATX Core i7
    Intel Core i7 920
    6GB (3X2) DDR3 1600
    NVIDIA GeForce 580 GTX

Yes the Rocks are lovely - great spot in Sydney.

I could be wrong but is the roof plain stopping it coming through try pilling it back
    Mark Brehaut , Manager
    3D Virtual House Architectural Visualization
    Chief X5
    cinema 4d 14
    Vray for cimema 4d

Quote Originally Posted by Mark View Post
    I could be wrong but is the roof plain stopping it coming through try pilling it back
    You could be right Mark, I was thinking the same thing. Looks like that lower level roof plane is stopping it, but I don't understand why it's just stopping at the floor level of that left-rear room. Once the plan arrives, Scott will fix it before we get a second look.-Brad
    Architect,NOT! (archnot@yahoo.com): Dell XPS 8300, i7-2600 3.40 GHZ Quad Core, Windows 7 Pro 64 bit, ATI-radeon HD 5700 1-gig(not by choice came with cpu), 8 GB RAM, 25" Hanspree HF 255 LCD Moniter- User since Chief '97(v6)-X4

I've got a plan that just started dong that this morning... I was doing revisions for permit and didn't have time to study what\why, I'l lbe fascinated to see the solution and will post mine if I have time to find one. Fortunately for me, my layouts are all built and look fine, so I just won't refresh the view and my notes will still show my edits.
    Matt Kennedy
    Win7, v2 beta thru x6

Quote Originally Posted by mkennedy View Post
    I've got a plan that just started dong that this morning... I was doing revisions for permit and didn't have time to study what\why, I'l lbe fascinated to see the solution and will post mine if I have time to find one. Fortunately for me, my layouts are all built and look fine, so I just won't refresh the view and my notes will still show my edits.
    Nuts, post it Mike, please give me something to do.
    San Diego, Ca.
    Chief X-5 w/ Win 7
    Asus P6T X58 ATX Core i7
    Intel Core i7 920
    6GB (3X2) DDR3 1600
    NVIDIA GeForce 580 GTX

Here it is, have fun...
    I had some small discrepancies in my field work and had to tinker with the offending front wall placement quite a bit. In addition there's that odd construction - the second story cantilevers out into the garage volume, so the rear corner of the garage has a ceiling while the remainder is open volume.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Matt Kennedy
    Win7, v2 beta thru x6

Scott,

You realize you're nearly up to 10,000 posts?? You should really think about making your posts shorter and more numerous. You could be there before you know it : )
    Michael

Chief Architect X3-X6
    Windows 7
    I5 Quad core 8 GB
    NVIDEA Ge Force GT430