3D Connexion 3DMouse - who wants support in CA?

I did a bunch of searching through the forum and found several threads about the 3D Connexion 3D Mouse products that people want to use with Chief Architect, but none of them have any closure on the topic from the Chief Mods. I just bought one myself and find it very useful in Photoshop and SketchUp. I would love to be able to use in in CA. As others have stated, Chief Architect software programmers would need to use the SDK to make it compatible with CA.

Here's a link to the product in case you are not familiar with it:
    http://www.3dconnexion.com/products/...ewireless.html

I'm hoping that X6 will be compatible - I wonder what the chances of that are?

Anyone else use one/wish that it worked with Chief?

Thanks!
    -------------------------------------------
    Rob Aldecocea
    Revolution Design and Build
    Wayzata, MN

Chief X5
    Windows 7
    i7-3930K @ 4.4 GHz
    Nvidia GeForce GTX 660
    ASUS Sabertooth X79

I've been asking for this for years.
    Michael Crump
    Creative Concepts
    7531 Hawkstand Lane
    Charlotte, NC 28210
    803-417-2790

mcrump@spectrum-inc.com
    michaelacrump@att.net

Using - Chief X6 Beta
    Never explain yourself. Your friends don’t need it and your enemies won’t believe it.
    Bluegrass - Fastest Music Alive

I bought a gaming keyboard with extra buttons and use the programmed gaming keys on the left to zoom and rotate.
    The Logitech steel series keyboard was about $60 and is compatible with Chief.
    Jason McQueen
    -----------------------------------
    Max Force PC - Intel i3570K @ 3.4GHz+, 8GB RAM, Geforce GTX 660 2GB, 120GB SSD+1TB HDD, 23.5" LCD
    Win 8 Home (Classic Shell) / CA X5

I've asked for this as well - they must be giving it a LOT of thought.
    Regards, Frederick C. Wilt (Began with v9, now using X6 aka v16)

Same here. I use this device for Sketchup and find it indispensable for 3D navigation. Seems it would even enhance 2D usage for me. Don't know how difficult it would be for CA to develop a driver, but they need to be doing it. Most all their competitors already have one.
    Gary Turlington
    620 Matthews Road
    Lillington, NC 27546

www.garyturlington.com

910-893-3306

Just received my 3D connexion SpacePilot Pro. I was expecting usability because of the improved export files for 3D printing. sad....

I am hoping this device will give relief from repetitive mouse manipulation and selection by balancing the load between left and right hands.

3D Connexion is a logitech company with a robust position in the market well resourced and well supported.

Lets face it we all need as much help as we can get and this device is designed for productivity gains.

I am unable to report any productivity gains because I have just installed it but reading other comments it's seems to be a must have device for 3D.

Other major architectural programs are using this product and it would be a very useful improvement if Chief Architect was among them.

I am informed by 3D Connexion that the mouse has some 2D benefits. I don't know what they are but I am very interested to explore all opportunities especially with multiple screens.

I currently use a 30" 2560 x 1600 and 1680 x 1050 and will update to 2 x 30" monitors. It's a long way to navigate across two screens and I am looking for a solution.

I hope that Chief has this on the To Do list because this directly relates to usability and production. If there is no intention to add 3D mouse usability it would be useful to know because it can then be scratched of my wish list!!!
    Edward

CA X6 Beta

Designer

Intermediate skill set and reaching

PPCM Pace Project & Construction Management.
    www.ppcm.com.au

Chiming in to add another voice. I haven't bought one yet but in looking at list of supported software seems odd that Chief is missing from such a list. Almost all of the software I am even aware of for 3D work in various fields is there. Want to use the 3D mouse with both Sketchup and Chief but will be frustrating/confusing to have to switch back and forth so have decided to hold off.

it seams like a 10 years ago when i asked for supprot for this product, I am still interested and my wrist and fingers will be eternally grateful!
    Michael

Chief Architect user since 1997
    Current versions used X4, X5, X6
    www.MichaelPachDesign.com

The 3D mice will work with a lot of applications, both 2D and 3D. On the mechanical design side of my company I use the 3D side of the mouse when modeling with Autodesk Inventor, Solidworks and Solid Edge. The 2D side works with the 2D drawing creation portions of he modeling applications for zooming in and out and panning left,right up and down. It also works for 2D Autocad for panning and zooming.

It takes a few days to get used to using it (most set the translation speed way too fast in the beginning) but once it becomes intuitive you won't be able to live without it. I know it has boosted my modeling speed by at least 50% I absolutely could not imagine modeling without a space mouse.
    Michael Crump
    Creative Concepts
    7531 Hawkstand Lane
    Charlotte, NC 28210
    803-417-2790

mcrump@spectrum-inc.com
    michaelacrump@att.net

Using - Chief X6 Beta
    Never explain yourself. Your friends don’t need it and your enemies won’t believe it.
    Bluegrass - Fastest Music Alive

3D connexion mouse
    Just received a reply about 3D mice.

Ed," We currently do not officially support the 3D connexion mouse. We have multiple requests to add support for that device in our database. I will add your request to the list which will help boost its priority.

So here we have it. If you have any interest in upping your productivity with a 3D mouse you need to make a direct feature request to Chief and get you request added to the database.

This really is strange when you look at the list of software that supports this product.

Edward

CA X6 Beta

Designer

www.ppcm.com.au

I DEFINITELY would be in favor of have the 3D Connexion Space Pilot driver incorporated into CA. When you are zooming or just moving around a plan, it certainly would make it a lot easier to get into a specific area you're working. I've used my 3D mouse with SolidWorks and you learn that you can't really work efficiently without it.

So... CA Programmers... please go to

http://www.3dconnexion.com/service/s...developer.html

and get their SDK ... it looks like it FREE to you guys.
    John
    Currently using X6 Beta

Quote Originally Posted by rongobong View Post

I'm hoping that X6 will be compatible - I wonder what the chances of that are?

Anyone else use one/wish that it worked with Chief?

Thanks!
    Here is the official position from Chief 23 December 2013---"We currently do not officially support the 3D connexion mouse. We have multiple requests to add support for that device in our database. I will add your request to the list which will help boost its priority."

So it seems that the only way to get to get functionality is to make a request to Chief and add your name to the request list. Go to Suggestions and add your comments to the wish list.
    Edward

CA X6 Beta

Designer

www.ppcm.com.au

tcda is offline Registered User Promoted
    Please add support for the 3Dconnexion mice. It's embarrassing that there isn't support for Chief Architect.

I agree, please add support for the 3Dconnexion mice (SpacePilot) or Space Controller 3D mouse (I have both). It should be a no-brainer...all other professional 3D-CAD software (such as SolidWorks, CATIA, ACAD, ProEng,...) have this rudimentary capability.
    Come on Chief! You're not a toy anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by metsen View Post
    I agree, please add support for the 3Dconnexion mice (SpacePilot) or Space Controller 3D mouse (I have both). It should be a no-brainer...all other professional 3D-CAD software (such as SolidWorks, CATIA, ACAD, ProEng,...) have this rudimentary capability.
    Come on Chief! You're not a toy anymore.
    This is a good discussion. You should get this going in the new forum. https://forums.chiefarchitect.com
    Dan Park,
    Special Projects Director,
    Chief Architect