Hybrid View

Just received my 3D connexion SpacePilot Pro. I was expecting usability because of the improved export files for 3D printing. sad....

I am hoping this device will give relief from repetitive mouse manipulation and selection by balancing the load between left and right hands.

3D Connexion is a logitech company with a robust position in the market well resourced and well supported.

Lets face it we all need as much help as we can get and this device is designed for productivity gains.

I am unable to report any productivity gains because I have just installed it but reading other comments it's seems to be a must have device for 3D.

Other major architectural programs are using this product and it would be a very useful improvement if Chief Architect was among them.

I am informed by 3D Connexion that the mouse has some 2D benefits. I don't know what they are but I am very interested to explore all opportunities especially with multiple screens.

I currently use a 30" 2560 x 1600 and 1680 x 1050 and will update to 2 x 30" monitors. It's a long way to navigate across two screens and I am looking for a solution.

I hope that Chief has this on the To Do list because this directly relates to usability and production. If there is no intention to add 3D mouse usability it would be useful to know because it can then be scratched of my wish list!!!
    Edward

CA X6 Beta

Designer

Intermediate skill set and reaching

PPCM Pace Project & Construction Management.
    www.ppcm.com.au

Chiming in to add another voice. I haven't bought one yet but in looking at list of supported software seems odd that Chief is missing from such a list. Almost all of the software I am even aware of for 3D work in various fields is there. Want to use the 3D mouse with both Sketchup and Chief but will be frustrating/confusing to have to switch back and forth so have decided to hold off.