Sun Angle Specification dvx.

I suppose this question is for Glenn. How do you open the Sun Angle Spec. dvx? Don't you have to go to plan to open it, and then you can do a sun shadow study by toggle the time of day and you can see how the time of day effects the shadows.

Having the plan open takes up screen space. Wouldn't it be great if the 3d overview takes up the entire screen and we can open the SAS dvx so we can do the sun study?
    D. Scott Hall (The Bridge Troll)
    San Diego, Ca.
    Chief X-5 w/ Win 7
    Asus P6T X58 ATX Core i7
    Intel Core i7 920
    6GB (3X2) DDR3 1600
    NVIDIA GeForce 580 GTX

The videos we watch are not 100% gold, but if we find a gold nugget, the time spent viewing has a value.

We can please some of the people some of the time, but we can't please all the people all of the time..... but I will keep trying.

If you are interested in keeping abreast of any new videos, please subscribe to my channel at YOUTUBE...... channel is ds hall

Sounds like a good idea to me. I really don't see any reason why the SAS Dialog shouldn't be available in a Perspective View.

BTW Scott,

I notice that you are now calling the Dialog Boxes dvx instead of dbx. What's the reason?
    Joseph P. Carrick, Architect - AIA
    ASUS M51AC Desktop, core i7-4770 CPU @3.4 GHZ, 16 GB Ram, NVidea GT640 with60M with 3GB GM, 30" HiRes (2560/1600) Monitor , (2) 24" ASUS Monitors
    Windows 8.1
    Chief Architect 9, 10, X1, X3, X4 Premium, X5 Premium, X6 Premium

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Carrick View Post
    I notice that you are now calling the Dialog Boxes dvx instead of dbx. What's the reason?
    It's auto spell, dbx changes to dvx, I gave up changing it every time. I think this auto spell is part of the mac. Sometimes useful, sometimes aggravating.
    San Diego, Ca.
    Chief X-5 w/ Win 7
    Asus P6T X58 ATX Core i7
    Intel Core i7 920
    6GB (3X2) DDR3 1600
    NVIDIA GeForce 580 GTX

The videos we watch are not 100% gold, but if we find a gold nugget, the time spent viewing has a value.

We can please some of the people some of the time, but we can't please all the people all of the time..... but I will keep trying.

If you are interested in keeping abreast of any new videos, please subscribe to my channel at YOUTUBE...... channel is ds hall

OK, I thought maybe you had come up with another term and were just changing the abbreviation. Now I know that you are just using Perry's justification method. Blame Spellcheck
    ASUS M51AC Desktop, core i7-4770 CPU @3.4 GHZ, 16 GB Ram, NVidea GT640 with60M with 3GB GM, 30" HiRes (2560/1600) Monitor , (2) 24" ASUS Monitors
    Windows 8.1

BTW, I think you can teach AutoSpell new words. IOW, you can teach it that dbx is valid.
    Windows 8.1

How do you open the Sun Angle Spec. dbx?
    You can use the adjust lights tool to change the sun angle from a camera view.
    Kilgore Trout

Quote Originally Posted by Kilgore Trout View Post
    You can use the adjust lights tool to change the sun angle from a camera view.
    Nice, I was hoping I was missing something, now if when I open the adjust lights dvx, it immediately goes to the SUNLIGHT. On this particular project, I have over 100 lights so it takes a bit of scrolling to find sun, not a big deal...... Thanks KT.
    San Diego, Ca.
    Chief X-5 w/ Win 7
    Asus P6T X58 ATX Core i7
    Intel Core i7 920
    6GB (3X2) DDR3 1600
    NVIDIA GeForce 580 GTX

Put a sun angle arrow in your plan then it will open the sun dbx automatically
    Perry
    P.H. DESIGNS L.L.C.
    Eastvale Calif.
    Alienware, liquid cooled
    Ver 10-"X6 x64 SSA
    WIN 8.1 PRO 64 bit
    Nvidia GTX780 3GB.
    i7 920 2.67-- 12 GB Ram
    40" led monitor

Perry,

Then you can't switch to a 3D view.
    d dot wants to open the dbx in a full screen 3D view.
    Glenn

Chief X5
    www.glennwoodward.com.au

Windows 7 - Home Premium
    Intel i7-920
    Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD3R
    6 Gb DDR3 1600MHz
    EVGA GTX285 1GbDDR3
    1TB Sata HD

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn Woodward View Post
    Perry,

Then you can't switch to a 3D view.
    d dot wants to open the dbx in a full screen 3D view.
    Correctomundo mi amigo, KT had the answer, works great with the exception of having to scroll thru all the lights to find the sun, not a deal breaker.
    San Diego, Ca.
    Chief X-5 w/ Win 7
    Asus P6T X58 ATX Core i7
    Intel Core i7 920
    6GB (3X2) DDR3 1600
    NVIDIA GeForce 580 GTX

d dot,

I'm not quite sure what you mean when you say it goes straight to SUNLIGHT - what is that.
    With a light highlighted, hit the S key and the highlight will go down to the Sun Light.
    Glenn

Chief X5
    www.glennwoodward.com.au

Windows 7 - Home Premium
    Intel i7-920
    Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD3R
    6 Gb DDR3 1600MHz
    EVGA GTX285 1GbDDR3
    1TB Sata HD

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn Woodward View Post
    d dot,

I'm not quite sure what you mean when you say it goes straight to SUNLIGHT - what is that.
    With a light highlighted, hit the S key and the highlight will go down to the Sun Light.
    Okay, okay, Glenn, you are trying to make it easy on me..... thx..... no sweat now..
    San Diego, Ca.
    Chief X-5 w/ Win 7
    Asus P6T X58 ATX Core i7
    Intel Core i7 920
    6GB (3X2) DDR3 1600
    NVIDIA GeForce 580 GTX

With my video card, I just leave shadows on all the time.
    Perry
    P.H. DESIGNS L.L.C.
    Eastvale Calif.
    Alienware, liquid cooled
    Ver 10-"X6 x64 SSA
    WIN 8.1 PRO 64 bit
    Nvidia GTX780 3GB.
    i7 920 2.67-- 12 GB Ram
    40" led monitor

Quote Originally Posted by perryh View Post
    With my video card, I just leave shadows on all the time.
    Yes, I do too,
    San Diego, Ca.
    Chief X-5 w/ Win 7
    Asus P6T X58 ATX Core i7
    Intel Core i7 920
    6GB (3X2) DDR3 1600
    NVIDIA GeForce 580 GTX