Auto roof returns with metal

Could use some help. I would like to change the auto roof returns to metal (Standing Seam) with out changing the main roof from shingles. It seems the only way to do it is to change the main roof. I would think there is a way, but I can't discover it so far.
    Your help will be appreciated
    Thanks
    Matt

lgswe is offline Registered User Promoted
    The auto roof returns can only have the same roofing material (and same pitch) as the roof that they are associated with. If you build the returns manually you'll be able to use any roofing material and any pitch that you want.
    Larry Sweeney
    Designer/Builder/Restorations/Period Cabinetmaker since 1972

Chief X5, AutoCad 2010
    Windows 7 Pro
    Asus P8P67 Pro
    Intel Core i7 2600k
    8 GB DDR# 1600mhz
    GTX 670

I was afraid that would be the answer. Seems that should be a good up grade feature.
    Thanks for the help!

Quote Originally Posted by Mattcvac View Post
    I was afraid that would be the answer. Seems that should be a good up grade feature.
    Thanks for the help!
    Why? It seems to me like a very strange thing to do and if for some reason you need to do it you can do it manually.
    Joseph P. Carrick, Architect - AIA
    ASUS M51AC Desktop, core i7-4770 CPU @3.4 GHZ, 16 GB Ram, NVidea GT640 with60M with 3GB GM, 30" HiRes (2560/1600) Monitor , (2) 24" ASUS Monitors
    Windows 8.1
    Chief Architect 9, 10, X1, X3, X4 Premium, X5 Premium, X6 Premium

Not so strange around here, I do a lot roof returns in metal (especially full returns) while the main roof is shingles. Perhaps a simple addition in the dbx box to add a separate material to the roof return or an 'explode' roof tool that would separate the components...

And yes, to do it manually is really not that much of a problem, but a few minutes or even seconds saved here and there adds up....

Bill
    Bill Lynch
    CA X6 Beta
    Gateway LX6200-01
    Windows 7
    AMD Phenom X4 9500 quad core
    8 GB DDR2
    PNY 9800GT 1024MB nvidia video card
    750 GB HD SATA-300