Courtyard/atrium Plan

I have a courtyard plan - a central open area completely surrounded with house.

I cannot get rid of the ceiling platform over the "court". Several years ago and I had the same thing happen.

Other than "delete" the ceiling what can I do?

Thanks for any help.

Mike

Mike,

Make sure that on the Structure tab of the dbx for the Court room, that Ceiling is unchecked.

The problem could also be that the Court is not connected to the outer wall of the house by a wall.
    Glenn

Chief X5
    www.glennwoodward.com.au

Windows 7 - Home Premium
    Intel i7-920
    Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD3R
    6 Gb DDR3 1600MHz
    EVGA GTX285 1GbDDR3
    1TB Sata HD

Hi Glenn - I did uncheck roof and ceiling.

Being a court it is surrounded by walls and these are connected to the outside wall (like the similar requirement for a stairwell). Any other suggestions?

Thanks, Mike

make sure the "outsides" of the courtyard walls are flipped so the exterior surface is facing the courtyard..otherwise Chief will assume the courtyard is on the "interior"...an easy way to see this is to assign a colored line to the outside line of the wall type in the define wall types dbx..I use red...the exterior is the top of the sample in this dbx

BUT how to have an open to sky courtyard with surrounding hip roofs that drain both to exteriors & into courtyard?

Draw the walls that face the court yard in a counter clockwise direction. Then select the center room (courtyard) and change the room type to "Court".

Jon
    Jon Scussel
    JCS Services
    X6