Moaz is offline Registered User Promoted

Angry Switch from Imperial to Metric !

i have been googling and searching everywhere, but couldn't seem to find a solution.
    I need to SWITCH the current unit system from imperial to metric so all dimensions and room areas would appear in Meters instead of feet.
    i have tried creating a new plan with metric system as default and copy/past my old plan, but everything appears to be messy, dimensions are inaccurate, blocks are shifted away from there places ..

i'm getting really tense about all of this and my client is hurrying me up.. so any ideas?

mehen is offline Registered User Promoted
    Change the "Units" to Meter, CM, MM in the Dimension DBX under "Primary Format"

If you double click on the dimension icon and change the units it will apply to all dimensions falling within the same Anno set
    Mark Henson
    GinkgoHouse Architecture, LLC
    X5.2.1.3x64

it works but only for manual dimensions, but it doesn't affect the 'room interior area' units at all !
    i'm using the CAD text tool, does it have separate configurations ?

Copy the entire plan - "Edit Area (All Floors)" - open the default metric template and paste the plan into the new metric plan.
    Mark Henson
    X5.2.1.3x64

Quote Originally Posted by Moaz View Post
    i have been googling and searching everywhere, but couldn't seem to find a solution.
    I need to SWITCH the current unit system from imperial to metric so all dimensions and room areas would appear in Meters instead of feet.
    i have tried creating a new plan with metric system as default and copy/past my old plan, but everything appears to be messy, dimensions are inaccurate, blocks are shifted away from there places ..

i'm getting really tense about all of this and my client is hurrying me up.. so any ideas?
    I would guess you're going to have clean-up to do with any type of converting, all those rounding errors, but maybe not.

Next time, start with the metric profile plan. I know, hindsight is 20/20...
    Kind Regards,
    Dave Pitman

Current Version: X5
    System
    Win-7 64 bit
    Intel i7 930 (2.8 ghz x 4)
    Nvidia gtx 260 (1 gb ram)
    12 gb ddr3 ram

I tried it and it "works" but there are some odd things happening with the casing - apparently the conversion did not go very well. And all/some of the furniture increased in size 200%

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture2.JPG 
Views:	100 
Size:	149.4 KB 
ID:	61247
    Mark Henson
    X5.2.1.3x64

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled.png 
Views:	110 
Size:	78.5 KB 
ID:	61249

it's no use!! notice how it gets deformed after pasting

I say stick with the 'dimensions only' in metric and take everything else off.

I tried to export as a DWG and bring the file into the metric template with the same results.

If you really need to have the room area - I bet there is some Ruby programing that can turn the "room area macro" into metric
    Mark Henson
    X5.2.1.3x64

This is driving me crazy!!
    It's such a VERY VERY simple task to preform and yet it's taking me a huge amount of time!
    Is it me or CA is less professional than i thought it would be?!

Why don't you open and save a NEW BLANK MEYRIC PLAN. Do a COPY AREA OF ALL FLOORS in the imperial and paste into the metric plan. That should work.
    D. Scott Hall (The Bridge Troll)
    San Diego, Ca.
    Chief X-5 w/ Win 7
    Asus P6T X58 ATX Core i7
    Intel Core i7 920
    6GB (3X2) DDR3 1600
    NVIDIA GeForce 580 GTX

The videos we watch are not 100% gold, but if we find a gold nugget, the time spent viewing has a value.

We can please some of the people some of the time, but we can't please all the people all of the time..... but I will keep trying.

If you are interested in keeping abreast of any new videos, please subscribe to my channel at YOUTUBE...... channel is ds hall

^ Copy/Paste didn't work for me.

i had to manually handle this issue,
    it was a pain in the a** but it should do it..

You can't copy from an imperial plan into a metric plan. Well, you can but it won't do what you want. All of your dimensions will be messed up and nothing will work right.

The only thing you can do is show your dimensions in metric or start the plan over as a metric plan.
    Kilgore Trout