Roof Component control for Material lists

If you open up any given roof plane specifications dbx, under the 'Options' tab there is a 'Supply' section with a series of check boxes for the various secondary components for the selected roof. I seem to only be able to check/uncheck just the Gutter. The flashing, drip edge, ridge vent etc... are greyed out. For the life of me I can't find out how to get control of those components to turn them off for the material list. I'm assuming there is a way, or why else have them there at all?

I'm sure I'm just overlooking the way to edit these components. I'd be super grateful for anyone to give a quick shout-out. I'm using X-5.

Thanks!

I'm pretty sure the check boxes any work if you redraw.
    Ohmer's Finish Carpentry
    Ohmer's Renderings
    2997 South Tongass Hwy
    Ketchikan, Alaska 99901
    PH: 907-225-2605
    Cell: 907-254-7682
    turtle@kpunet.net

Prostar 17.3" laptop
    i7-990X extreme edition, 3.46 ghz
    12 gb ram
    Nvidia GTX485M w/2 gb
    256gb solid state drive
    750 gb storage drive
    Win 8

mehen is offline Registered User Promoted
    Roof Plane Specifications->Options-> Supply

Gutter - To change the default gutter profile, it has to be done in the Roof Default specification DBX. All roofs will have the same gutter profile. You can specifically uncheck gutters on specific roof planes as your design permits

Everything else in the "supply" listing will only show up when you create a "materials list" - Proceed with caution....
    Mark Henson
    GinkgoHouse Architecture, LLC
    X5.2.1.3x64

Quote Originally Posted by jgrantps View Post
    .......For the life of me I can't find out how to get control of those components to turn them off for the material list......Thanks!
    You can't control these components for individual roof planes, only through the Build Roof dbx. Even then, some items unchecked will still appear in the Materials List. Doesn't work as one would expect, but that applies thoughout the Materials List.
    Cliff
    X6

Vista Home Premium SP-2
    Gateway FX6800-01e
    Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz
    7.00 GB RAM DDR 3........64-bit OS
    NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250/PCIe/SSE2 1024 MB Memory

mehen is offline Registered User Promoted
    ..................And that is why the "materials list" is really a dangerous thing to rely upon in chief. CA is not an estimating software or a cabinet cut-list software (as a recent poster wanted). I have 12 years in CA and 20 in the "field" and would never - ever - trust anything the "materials list" gave me. Nothing negative at all against chief. To make a house model "materials list" super accurate would take more time then creating the model.

I have had General Contractors ask for heated areas and non heated areas specifically for square foot estimates that they would turn into proposals. Negative. Read the plans and come up with an estimate. Period.
    Mark Henson
    GinkgoHouse Architecture, LLC
    X5.2.1.3x64