wayn is offline Registered User Promoted

lining up floors in layout - CA10

Hello all!

I'm trying to limp through a last project in CA10, and can't remember for the life of me if there's a way to use one layout layer as a reference for another - in other words, once I've imported the first floor into a layout layer, I want to import the remaining floors into their layers and line them up with the first floor.

How can I do this in CA10? I was sure there was a way - however obscure - but cannot put my fingers on it right now... and I need to deliver this layout for printing early Thursday morning, with changes yet to be made!

Thanks!
    Wayn Goodman

If what you mean is ,you want your first and second etc. floor plans to be located in the same place on their layout pages, then....

Place an arrow on layout page 0, marking where you want the upper left corner of the floors to locate.

The arrow will show on all pages and you can move all floor plans to the same location on their respective page.

Go back to page 0 and delete the arrow when satisfied with results.
    Jere Johnson
    Version X3 & X4 & X5 latest
    Electra Glide Standard

wayn is offline Registered User Promoted
    Quote Originally Posted by JJohnson View Post
    If what you mean is ,you want your first and second etc. floor plans to be located in the same place on their layout pages, then.....

Yes, that's exactly what I meant!

Quote Originally Posted by JJohnson View Post
    Place an arrow on layout page 0, marking where you want the upper left corner of the floors to locate.

The arrow will show on all pages and you can move all floor plans to the same location on their respective page.

Go back to page 0 and delete the arrow when satisfied with results.
    Haven't had the chance to try this yet, but I'm sure that's my solution! I figure the best way to get proper placement of the arrow is to place the main floor on page 0, place the arrow right at the corner, then move the main floor to page 1, next floor on pg2, etc. then go back and delete the main floor from page 0...

Thanks, Jere!
    Wayn Goodman

Glad to be of help
    Jere Johnson
    Version X3 & X4 & X5 latest
    Electra Glide Standard