Thread: Doorway Problem

Doorway Problem

I have a two interior walls that meet at 45' in a room. I want to place a doorway/opening in the middle/across where the two walls meet, ie half of the opening would follow one wall and the other follow the other wall. Any ideas would be helpful thanks

Doggone it, I wish I had a neat solution for you, but I don't. It's almost like the corner window situation where if you get a running start and jamb each doorway into the corner, you can eliminate the corner, but I have not had much success with that method lately.

I will try again in the AM.
    D. Scott Hall (The Bridge Troll)
    San Diego, Ca.
    Chief X-5 w/ Win 7
    Asus P6T X58 ATX Core i7
    Intel Core i7 920
    6GB (3X2) DDR3 1600
    NVIDIA GeForce 580 GTX

The videos we watch are not 100% gold, but if we find a gold nugget, the time spent viewing has a value.

We can please some of the people some of the time, but we can't please all the people all of the time..... but I will keep trying.

If you are interested in keeping abreast of any new videos, please subscribe to my channel at YOUTUBE...... channel is ds hall

Hey, you live in Picton, I was in Picton in February, not a bad place to live. I wish i remembered what we saw there. After a few days, the places just kind of run into each other, it was probably a hike. But I remember I liked Picton.
    San Diego, Ca.
    Chief X-5 w/ Win 7
    Asus P6T X58 ATX Core i7
    Intel Core i7 920
    6GB (3X2) DDR3 1600
    NVIDIA GeForce 580 GTX

The videos we watch are not 100% gold, but if we find a gold nugget, the time spent viewing has a value.

We can please some of the people some of the time, but we can't please all the people all of the time..... but I will keep trying.

If you are interested in keeping abreast of any new videos, please subscribe to my channel at YOUTUBE...... channel is ds hall

Use a Passthrough.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	New Image_38.jpg 
Views:	119 
Size:	50.0 KB 
ID:	61188  
    Glenn

Chief X5
    www.glennwoodward.com.au

Windows 7 - Home Premium
    Intel i7-920
    Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD3R
    6 Gb DDR3 1600MHz
    EVGA GTX285 1GbDDR3
    1TB Sata HD

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn Woodward View Post
    Use a Passthrough.
    Wow! Get the heck out of here Glenn, nice! Does that mean a doorway will not work but a pass-thru will?
    San Diego, Ca.
    Chief X-5 w/ Win 7
    Asus P6T X58 ATX Core i7
    Intel Core i7 920
    6GB (3X2) DDR3 1600
    NVIDIA GeForce 580 GTX

Ooops, I forgot to Glenn his due...... The Great Glenn Woodward comes thru again.
    San Diego, Ca.
    Chief X-5 w/ Win 7
    Asus P6T X58 ATX Core i7
    Intel Core i7 920
    6GB (3X2) DDR3 1600
    NVIDIA GeForce 580 GTX

Thanks, the only thing I can do is to fiddle with the walls to make an opening, that's life.
    You should remembered Picton, forget the rest! it's the only place to visit in NZ, great wee port town, best spot in NZ, social of coaures, great boating and fishing, hot and sunny all the time when the suns out

Quote Originally Posted by michaeljames View Post
    Thanks, the only thing I can do is to fiddle with the walls to make an opening, that's life.
    You should remembered Picton, forget the rest! it's the only place to visit in NZ, great wee port town, best spot in NZ, social of coaures, great boating and fishing, hot and sunny all the time when the suns out
    New Zealand is much better than Australia..... right? I'm trying to start a war with the Aussies....... I remember you guys down under had a great sense of humor, and there was definetly a bit of rivalry between the Aussies and the Kiwis....... unless an outsider came between the two of you, and if that was the case, you guys sided with each other. Probably the best trip I have taken, down to see the Kiwis and the Aussies, I'd do it again in a minute.
    San Diego, Ca.
    Chief X-5 w/ Win 7
    Asus P6T X58 ATX Core i7
    Intel Core i7 920
    6GB (3X2) DDR3 1600
    NVIDIA GeForce 580 GTX

Thanks glen, root me gumboot, it works so easily with a pass-thru, I tried with a doorway and no go

Quote Originally Posted by dshall View Post
    New Zealand is much better than Australia..... right? I'm trying to start a war with the Aussies....... I remember you guys down under had a great sense of humor, and there was definetly a bit of rivalry between the Aussies and the Kiwis....... unless an outsider came between the two of you, and if that was the case, you guys sided with each other. Probably the best trip I have taken, down to see the Kiwis and the Aussies, I'd do it again in a minute.
    Just be careful what you say about our friends, by the way, who are the Aussie and where do they come from, saw something on TV about the Aussies that they had all gone up in smoke, shame about that

Video here

http://youtu.be/h7KzN5xN0Ys

Essentially what Glenn said, I think this changed in X5 and I did not realize this. Much Much easier to do this now.
    San Diego, Ca.
    Chief X-5 w/ Win 7
    Asus P6T X58 ATX Core i7
    Intel Core i7 920
    6GB (3X2) DDR3 1600
    NVIDIA GeForce 580 GTX

Good video covers most situation thanks