Dimension totals problem

I have 8.06 and wondering if there is a patch to fix dimensioning problems.

I have had problems with dimensions in complex projects adding up correctly. For instance, a total length dimension being off from the other dimensions spanning the same length. Also the dimesions showing are not the dimensions in the dialog box. Sometimes 1/8" difference.

They also seem to change a bit on there own.

Very frustrating!

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank-You, B. Elliott

B. Elliott--

Go to dimension defaults (double click dimension tool) and make sure 1/16" is checked--versus 1/8". This will increase your accuracy.

HTH

Ben Palmer
    arizona custom home design
    www.palmerhomedesign.com

follow us on facebook

Bill,

This is most likely a result of they way your defaults are setup and the way that you work. I never have this sort of a problem with the exception of a stray 1/16th from time to time that can be easily delt with.

When the defaults are setup correctly you will gain confidence in Chiefs abilities in this area as things always add up.

If you don’t use 1/16th accuracy/snap, you must be cautious about the use of fine adjustment handles/accurate move/unrestricted tools, as they would not be snapped at the defined interval. In addition, if you had the snap at 1/16th but not your dimensions…

These are the settings I use without any problems

I don’t understand what v.8 compatible accuracy means. I have checked the manual, which says there is a difference, but does not say what those differences might be, nor do I see any differences when unchecked. What am I missing Ben?

Sam
    Last edited by spencerdesign; 01-09-2004 at 11:03 AM.