P.H. DESIGNS L.L.C.
    Eastvale Calif.
    Alienware, liquid cooled
    Ver 10-"X6 x64 SSA
    WIN 8.1 PRO 64 bit
    Nvidia GTX780 3GB.
    i7 920 2.67-- 12 GB Ram
    40" led monitor

Scott, nice exploration and demonstration of how things that are turned off still influence the way the model is constructed.

Regarding making the tower have a room def or not, it reminds me of the window trim thing in that if you specify the tower as a room, with open below, Chief still messes it up unless you raise the floor height to where you want the ceiling, basically. With "open below" specified, the floor should not be an issue, but it is. Just like if you have window trim turned off, sometimes you need to have the trim size set to 0 AND turned off.

Thanks!
    Kind Regards,
    Dave Pitman

Current Version: X5
    System
    Win-7 64 bit
    Intel i7 930 (2.8 ghz x 4)
    Nvidia gtx 260 (1 gb ram)
    12 gb ddr3 ram

I wonder how you went about to model it, I wondered if creating new walls would have been easier...
    Jorge Araya
    X5 - Archicad - Revit LT - AutoCAD LT
    http://www.motmots.net
    https://plus.google.com/112064287731194407334/posts

Great video Scott and I'm pretty sure you covered every permutation of Chief's walls and wall defs etc. Nice job and very informative.

As good as the video was, in my mind you made a great case for just adding a 'node' or break point, adjusting the wall and moving on. Also a great case for how Chief should work a little more intuitively, or maybe automatically is a better term in this case. Great to know the ins and out of Chief but would better to not have to spend 30 minutes trying to get a simple wall to display the way it should with a simple setting.
    The purpose of Government is to control the common resources, not the common man.

Larry Hawes
    Hawes Home Design
    Vista, CA
    Hawes Home Design

X5 and X6 Public Beta 3
    Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
    Motherboard EVGA Classified SR-2
    Processors (2) 6 core Xeon L5640
    Memory 24GB PNY DDR3 1600
    Video EVGA GTX 780
    Monitor 26" LG 1920 x 1200
    21" Viewsonic

Thanks so much for investigating this so thoroughly. I am time crunched now and may not get to watch until weekend, but am very interested in learning how to build smarter to get desired result.