Missing CUSTOM counter top video.

Please take a look at this vid, and let me know if you think this is a bug. Vid only 2 minutes long.

http://youtu.be/zWJ0aMJmfiM
    D. Scott Hall (The Bridge Troll)
    San Diego, Ca.
    Chief X-5 w/ Win 7
    Asus P6T X58 ATX Core i7
    Intel Core i7 920
    6GB (3X2) DDR3 1600
    NVIDIA GeForce 580 GTX

The videos we watch are not 100% gold, but if we find a gold nugget, the time spent viewing has a value.

We can please some of the people some of the time, but we can't please all the people all of the time..... but I will keep trying.

If you are interested in keeping abreast of any new videos, please subscribe to my channel at YOUTUBE...... channel is ds hall

Scott,

Just select the Cabinet and "Move to Front Group". Both Cabinet and Custom Countertop should probably have the same "Fill Color".
    Joseph P. Carrick, Architect - AIA
    ASUS M51AC Desktop, core i7-4770 CPU @3.4 GHZ, 16 GB Ram, NVidea GT640 with60M with 3GB GM, 30" HiRes (2560/1600) Monitor , (2) 24" ASUS Monitors
    Windows 8.1
    Chief Architect 9, 10, X1, X3, X4 Premium, X5 Premium, X6 Premium

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Carrick View Post
    Scott,

Just select the Cabinet and "Move to Front Group". Both Cabinet and Custom Countertop should probably have the same "Fill Color".
    That does not work for me, does it work for you?
    San Diego, Ca.
    Chief X-5 w/ Win 7
    Asus P6T X58 ATX Core i7
    Intel Core i7 920
    6GB (3X2) DDR3 1600
    NVIDIA GeForce 580 GTX

The videos we watch are not 100% gold, but if we find a gold nugget, the time spent viewing has a value.

We can please some of the people some of the time, but we can't please all the people all of the time..... but I will keep trying.

If you are interested in keeping abreast of any new videos, please subscribe to my channel at YOUTUBE...... channel is ds hall

Yes, see attached pic. You might need to also make the Floor Fill "Transparent" using the check box in that floor fill dbx.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Scott's Custom Counter Top.JPG 
Views:	114 
Size:	51.3 KB 
ID:	61109   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Scott's Custom Counter Floor Fill.JPG 
Views:	110 
Size:	53.5 KB 
ID:	61110  
    ASUS M51AC Desktop, core i7-4770 CPU @3.4 GHZ, 16 GB Ram, NVidea GT640 with60M with 3GB GM, 30" HiRes (2560/1600) Monitor , (2) 24" ASUS Monitors
    Windows 8.1

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Carrick View Post
    Yes, see attached pic. You might need to also make the Floor Fill "Transparent" using the check box in that floor fill dbx.
    Joe, I have been through all that. I covered that in the vid. I do these vids so we can get on the same page. You must not of watched the short vid. Yes, you are correct that if the fill is room fill is transparent, the countertop will show. Do you ever show a fill in your rooms to show tile or wood? If you do, then you will understand what I am talking about.

I think this is a bug that has bugged me for 7 years. Apparently I am the only one that has this issue. Either nobody shows a room fill to show tile, or they never have a custom counter top that has a 12" bar overhang. Joe, just take a look at the vid and either you will understand what I am talking about or you can set me straight.

In fact, here is a picture, have you ever seen this?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CUSTOM COUNTER TOP JPEG FOR BRIAN 2.jpg 
Views:	117 
Size:	102.9 KB 
ID:	61111  
    San Diego, Ca.
    Chief X-5 w/ Win 7
    Asus P6T X58 ATX Core i7
    Intel Core i7 920
    6GB (3X2) DDR3 1600
    NVIDIA GeForce 580 GTX

Yes, I did watch your video.

The problem is that my Cabinet & Counter Top Fill is the same color as my Room Fill so the Room Fill is invisible against the Counter Top Fill.

Maybe that's the answer to the problem - maybe not.
    Windows 8.1

There's only one way I know to 100% resolve this and that's to create a "Room Polyline", edit it so that there's a hole where the Counter Top is and Cross Hatch that "Modified Room Polyline".

But to tell you the truth - I like the Tile Pattern showing under the Counter Top.
    Windows 8.1

For me, I don't mind the floor showing thru , sounds right to me, you can see where the cabs stop and floor starts
    Perry
    P.H. DESIGNS L.L.C.
    Eastvale Calif.
    Alienware, liquid cooled
    Ver 10-"X6 x64 SSA
    WIN 8.1 PRO 64 bit
    Nvidia GTX780 3GB.
    i7 920 2.67-- 12 GB Ram
    40" led monitor

Quote Originally Posted by perryh View Post
    For me, I don't mind the floor showing thru , sounds right to me, you can see where the cabs stop and floor starts
    I understand that line of thinking, but for presentation purposes, it is not as clear that a countertop extends out 12" past the line of the base cabs. And the way I would like it to show, you can see the outline of the base cabs and I would think everybody would assume the time floor goes to the base cabs.

Using your line of thinking, the coffee tables and sofas should be transparent so you know the tile goes under them. Or the shelf and pole should be transparent, what about the refrigerator, should that too be transparent? What about an area rug, should that be transparent? You guys get the drift.

If you look close enough at your 1" countertop overhang, they too hide the tile fill. Which is a contradiction to what you guys want.
    San Diego, Ca.
    Chief X-5 w/ Win 7
    Asus P6T X58 ATX Core i7
    Intel Core i7 920
    6GB (3X2) DDR3 1600
    NVIDIA GeForce 580 GTX

Quote Originally Posted by dshall View Post
    If you look close enough at your 1" countertop overhang, they too hide the tile fill. Which is a contradiction to what you guys want.
    Picky! Picky! Picky!

Take your meds & go play golf.

For all that stuff for presentation to the client I use Render Views in 3D - sometimes a Ray-Trace. Those that understand Floor Plans well also understand the drafting conventions.
    Windows 8.1

The difference is the island is a permanent fixture, rugs and tables aren't , You can still see the outline of the custom countertop. You should be able to have it your way also.
    Perry
    P.H. DESIGNS L.L.C.
    Eastvale Calif.
    Alienware, liquid cooled
    Ver 10-"X6 x64 SSA
    WIN 8.1 PRO 64 bit
    Nvidia GTX780 3GB.
    i7 920 2.67-- 12 GB Ram
    40" led monitor

Scott, I can select the custom counter top and move to front group and it displays OK here. Why is that not an option?

I also realized I've never used a 'fill' for the floor in my plan views so I guess that's why I never ran into this before. But I do now remember that every time I create a custom counter top the items below (cabinet etc.) show through until I move to front or front of gruop. And as I think of this I prefer this so I can shape and customize the custom counter top to spec and shape all the lower components, then move the custom counter top 'to front' to hide the components below.

I guess I'm saying that this behavior is actually a nice feature for me and only requires a simple 'move to front' command to hide the layers/components underneath.
    The purpose of Government is to control the common resources, not the common man.

Larry Hawes
    Hawes Home Design
    Vista, CA
    Hawes Home Design

X5 and X6 Public Beta 3
    Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
    Motherboard EVGA Classified SR-2
    Processors (2) 6 core Xeon L5640
    Memory 24GB PNY DDR3 1600
    Video EVGA GTX 780
    Monitor 26" LG 1920 x 1200
    21" Viewsonic

If you move to front, it hides the base cabinet.
    San Diego, Ca.
    Chief X-5 w/ Win 7
    Asus P6T X58 ATX Core i7
    Intel Core i7 920
    6GB (3X2) DDR3 1600
    NVIDIA GeForce 580 GTX

I guess I never saw that as a problem but I can certainly understand if a person wanted to see the cabinet layout under the counter top. Hmmm.... now I think it is a problem. Wow I replied to this thread thinking I didn't have a problem and now I do. I'm going to watch Diners Drive Ins and Dives
    The purpose of Government is to control the common resources, not the common man.

Larry Hawes
    Hawes Home Design
    Vista, CA
    Hawes Home Design

X5 and X6 Public Beta 3
    Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
    Motherboard EVGA Classified SR-2
    Processors (2) 6 core Xeon L5640
    Memory 24GB PNY DDR3 1600
    Video EVGA GTX 780
    Monitor 26" LG 1920 x 1200
    21" Viewsonic

Thanks for acknowledging the issue.
    San Diego, Ca.
    Chief X-5 w/ Win 7
    Asus P6T X58 ATX Core i7
    Intel Core i7 920
    6GB (3X2) DDR3 1600
    NVIDIA GeForce 580 GTX