Threaded View

mehen is offline Registered User Promoted
    Attached is how we organize our DB folder. It seems like there is some confusion on how it works and once you get the Dropbox app installed on each machine and signed to the SAME DB account everything works pretty seamlessly. I love it and cannot imagine anything more fluid and seamless. The only time we have syncing problems is when one user in is a plan doing new work, saves the plan and closes chief - You must make sure that the Dropbox icon is finished uploading the updated file - Blue spinning circle - once it is a green check then you can shut down the computer.

If my partner and I are in the identical file, save and close at the same time DB will add both files to the folder but rename one as conflicted. Generally not a big deal. Just make sure only one file is open on any of the computers involved.

Scott - I have the iphone app and love it. The app does NOT contain all of the actual files on your phone. Only the folder name - then file names. Once you click on a file it will download it. This is great for PDF's, Picture files and the like. It is great to be out and about - have a contractor call and say they need the pdf of the plans and be able to send them the link in seconds. There is an ability to save the file to the phone by using the Favorites button. This is handy if you want the file to be readily accessible and not have to wait for the download to happen.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.jpg 
Views:	234 
Size:	194.1 KB 
ID:	61064
    Mark Henson
    GinkgoHouse Architecture, LLC
    X5.2.1.3x64