Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Pitman View Post
    Scott, try this.

Create a simple plan file and save to DB.
    Close Chief.
    Disconnect from the internet.
    Open Chief and open that file you created.

You should be able to open the file even though you are not.connected to the Dropbox server.

It is a local file.

Oh, now that is interesting, I will give it a try.
    D. Scott Hall (The Bridge Troll)
    San Diego, Ca.
    Chief X-5 w/ Win 7
    Asus P6T X58 ATX Core i7
    Intel Core i7 920
    6GB (3X2) DDR3 1600
    NVIDIA GeForce 580 GTX

The videos we watch are not 100% gold, but if we find a gold nugget, the time spent viewing has a value.

We can please some of the people some of the time, but we can't please all the people all of the time..... but I will keep trying.

If you are interested in keeping abreast of any new videos, please subscribe to my channel at YOUTUBE...... channel is ds hall

Quote Originally Posted by dshall View Post
    Oh, now that is interesting, I will give it a try.
    Okay Dave, I just gave it a go, and you guys are correct, I was able to open some files that I guess were from drop box, however I could not save them back to drop box via the internet because I was offline. I could only save the edited file to my desktop.

But that is the problem, I have edited a file, saved it to my desktop, and I assume I can open the file back up on that particular desktop, but that is not what I want to do. I want to go to my office and now open the newly edited file, but I can't, because it has been saved on the desktop of my home computer.

Again, I am not sure if we are in agreement or disagreement, all I know is if I save my files to drop box, and if I only access them from drop box, I can rely on those files as being the latest and the greatest if I choose to access them from a different computer.

I suppose they virtually reside on my computer somewhere, but I have to go to the drop box folder to access them.
    D. Scott Hall (The Bridge Troll)
    San Diego, Ca.
    Chief X-5 w/ Win 7
    Asus P6T X58 ATX Core i7
    Intel Core i7 920
    6GB (3X2) DDR3 1600
    NVIDIA GeForce 580 GTX

The videos we watch are not 100% gold, but if we find a gold nugget, the time spent viewing has a value.

We can please some of the people some of the time, but we can't please all the people all of the time..... but I will keep trying.

If you are interested in keeping abreast of any new videos, please subscribe to my channel at YOUTUBE...... channel is ds hall