Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by fcwilt View Post

The only thing you are not grasping is that the DropBox folder and all the files in it are just like any other folder and files on your computer. The folders and files are all located on the hard disk of each computer.

I think you are agreeing with everything I have said. However I am not sure if I agree with your statement above. The reason I disagree with the above statement is because I cannot find those files and folders on each and every one of my computers. There are not files and not folders on my computers. They are on drop box. Can you find those files and folders on your computer?

Let me ask that question again, if you open a new file, save it onto dropbox, can you find that file/folder on your computer?

Let me ask that question again, if you open a new file, save it onto dropbox, can you find that file/folder on your computer?

I think the answer is no. Now I will concede that when I open a file from drop box, it will be on my computer as I edit that file, but once I close that file, it is no longer on my computer, it is only on drop box.

Can we agree to the above statements?

I am not sure what we are even discussing. As Dave said, maybe this is all semantics, but I don't think so, you say the file and folder is on my computer, I say it is not, it is on drop box, and I can access that file from any computer I choose to use, but I cannot find the file and folder on my computer.

Oh heck, it's getting too late, you win Fred, the files and folder are on my computer somewhere, but I can't find them, but that's okay, as long as I know they are on drop box, I can get to them.
    D. Scott Hall (The Bridge Troll)
    San Diego, Ca.
    Chief X-5 w/ Win 7
    Asus P6T X58 ATX Core i7
    Intel Core i7 920
    6GB (3X2) DDR3 1600
    NVIDIA GeForce 580 GTX

The videos we watch are not 100% gold, but if we find a gold nugget, the time spent viewing has a value.

We can please some of the people some of the time, but we can't please all the people all of the time..... but I will keep trying.

If you are interested in keeping abreast of any new videos, please subscribe to my channel at YOUTUBE...... channel is ds hall