Hybrid View

Perry,

Essentially, I use the Global_Variables as a place to keep values as follows:

$DeckNames = ["Dummy", "Deck #1", "Deck #2", "Deck #3"]
    $DeckAreas = [0, 200, 130, 60]

When a Plan is opened I initialize all my global_variables as I show in the post above. That way, any macro that needs to get data from one of them has a value to work with.

The square brackets identify these as Arrays and I can retrieve the value of $DeckNames[2] and get "Deck #2" (arrays are numbered starting at 0 so i just put a dummy value in the first position. I place the macro that sets the values in the room label and it puts the name of the Deck (must be unique) in $DeckNames and the standard_area in $DeckAreas at the correct indexed position. If the name already exists it just updates the area in that position - otherwise it adds the name and the area to the corresponding arrays.

In order to get the total area of all decks, I have another macro that goes thru $DeckAreas and adds them all and displays the total.

I do this for Decks, Courts, Balconies and Porches.

I'm working on doing it for "Unspecified" rooms since they are generally not included in "Living Area" and it allows me to calculate the "Gross Floor Area". GrossFloorArea = $FirstFloorLivable + FirstFloorNonLivable + ...........

The only critical item is that each Deck, Balcony, Court, Porch and Unspecified room have a unique name that is displayed. It has to be displayed in order to force the macro embedded in the label to work.

The "Living Area" of each floor is retrieved by using another macro attached to the "LIVING AREA" label of each floor.

My basic purpose with all this is an automated method of filling in the Project Area Analysis which is in a CAD Detail that is sent to Layout.

This system insures that if something is changed in the Plan the numbers will automatically all be correct in the Project Area Analysis.
    Joseph P. Carrick, Architect - AIA
    ASUS M51AC Desktop, core i7-4770 CPU @3.4 GHZ, 16 GB Ram, NVidea GT640 with60M with 3GB GM, 30" HiRes (2560/1600) Monitor , (2) 24" ASUS Monitors
    Windows 8.1
    Chief Architect 9, 10, X1, X3, X4 Premium, X5 Premium, X6 Premium