Ruby Room Attributes

I use a Rich Text Box which I insert Chief's Global Room macros in order to display a custom formatted room label. When the Rich Text Box is placed inside a Room the data is properly displayed. However, I am unable to place a "User Defined Macro which references any of the Ruby Attributes for the Room.

Why do the Global Macros work with Rooms but Ruby Attributes don't?

If I select a room and open the Text Macro with "Owner Context" the macro is evaluated correctly. CA PLEASE HELP!
    Joseph P. Carrick, Architect - AIA
    ASUS M51AC Desktop, core i7-4770 CPU @3.4 GHZ, 16 GB Ram, NVidea GT640 with60M with 3GB GM, 30" HiRes (2560/1600) Monitor , (2) 24" ASUS Monitors
    Windows 8.1
    Chief Architect 9, 10, X1, X3, X4 Premium, X5 Premium, X6 Premium

IOW, Why are Text Boxes that reference a Room - Limited to Global Macros and Non-Evaluated Macros ?
    Joseph P. Carrick, Architect - AIA
    ASUS M51AC Desktop, core i7-4770 CPU @3.4 GHZ, 16 GB Ram, NVidea GT640 with60M with 3GB GM, 30" HiRes (2560/1600) Monitor , (2) 24" ASUS Monitors
    Windows 8.1
    Chief Architect 9, 10, X1, X3, X4 Premium, X5 Premium, X6 Premium

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Carrick View Post
    J
    Why do the Global Macros work with Rooms but Ruby Attributes don't?

....... CA PLEASE HELP!
    Doesn't make a lot of sense to me either, except for the fact that work was stopped mid steam after X3. Kind of like the contractor that runs out of money and simply "walks away".

Question is: Will Chief return to this project? Despite the demand -- doesn't look like it -- so something must be amiss?

I suggest that if chief doesn't see any value in extending/completing Ruby, that they just supply some "hooks" into their program and database and then just get out of the way?

Let the market decide its value.
    Gerry

NewCraft Home Services

Design/ Compliance Review
    PE, X6 , Sketchup 8, TurboCad Pro 20
    -----------------------------------
    ASUS P9X79D, i7-3820, GTX680 w/4gb
    -----------------------------
    If the Government would just cut down more d*** trees, I'd have a much better view of the forest.