Convert old Chief 6 plans to X5

How can I convert my old plans to this new format. I tried loading one and it called for the old libraries. Is there a way to convert and use these new libraries and X5?

Yes, but a totally "fool-proof" method, NO. Converting a old legacy plan in .pl1-2-3 file format can be done but the code that was written as to materials and symbols has changed radically since then.
    Symbol language, locations, names etc have irrevocably changed since then, now what that means is replacing such symbols and materials, manually; it is a bit of work.

You will need an older version of Chief Premier to "bridge" the gap between Chief Version 6 (1999) and X5. What I commonly do is to open the file in Chief Architect Version 9 (the oldest I have active on my PC) then a later version like X2, then X5.
    Then I go through and run down all the error messages as to "missing symbols and material textures.

You just have to decide afterwards, if you would be better off redrawing the plan or doing the above which I have done numerous times.

DJP

David Jefferson Potter

Chief Architect ® Trainer, Beta Tester, Draftsman, Author of "Basic Manual Roof Editing" and Problem Solver
    Win7 Ultimate x64 & XP Pro x32, 500 Gb Samsung SSD
    AMD Phenom II X6 1090T, 8Gb DDR3 RAM, PNY 760 GTX

Chief 7-X6, Home Designer versions 7-2014
    3101 Shoreline Drive #2118, Austin, Texas 78728-4446
    Office Phone:512-518-3161
    Main E mail: david@djpdesigns.net
    Web Site:http://djpdesigns.net
    My You Tube Channel
    Help is just an e mail or call away!

Just hoping against hope. I'm still learning X5 but found that many things still operate the same. Thanks for the reply. It'll probably be quicker to do as you suggest. I'll have to fire up the old computer and hope I still have the old printer lock.