Threaded View

CAD Detail Windows - WOW

Something I never used before but it has HUGH ramifications.

CAD Detail Management which provides for new Windows to which things can be copied and still saved as a part of the Plan has a couple of distinct benefits that the Library doesn't provide:

1. You can copy Text Blocks that contain Macros into such Windows and then have access to them at any time. You can't store an Un-Blocked CAD Item in the Library.
    2. Anything in a CAD Detail Window can be edited in it's native form.
    3. Anything in a CAD Detail Window can simply be copied and pasted into the Plan.
    4. You can even store Standard Room Configurations - Kitchen, Bath, Stairs, etc in CAD Detail Windows and not have to worry about Blocking them first as you would have to do to place them in the Library.

The really great part about this is that if you place these in your Default Plan then they will be available to any and all New Plans. I can create Standard Stair configurations and place them in a
    CAD Detail Window and subsequently copy them to a Plan.

This is FANTASTIC!!!!!
    Joseph P. Carrick, Architect - AIA
    ASUS M51AC Desktop, core i7-4770 CPU @3.4 GHZ, 16 GB Ram, NVidea GT640 with60M with 3GB GM, 30" HiRes (2560/1600) Monitor , (2) 24" ASUS Monitors
    Windows 8.1
    Chief Architect 9, 10, X1, X3, X4 Premium, X5 Premium, X6 Premium