Maple is offline CertifiedKitchenDesigner

Question Molding question

As a kitchen designer I use a lot of moldings. Sometimes I place them on a soffit, sometimes I place them directly on a cabinet.

After I add them in the DBX box and click back to my elevation, I will sometimes notice that my cursor has changed shape to what looks like a piece of base molding with a little + sign attached to it.

Nowhere in the help menus can I find what this means or does...and if it's a quickie way to add moldings that I'm unaware of, can somebody please clue me in? Thx.

It is a reminder that you have EDIT OBJECT PARTS off
    D. Scott Hall (The Bridge Troll)
    San Diego, Ca.
    Chief X-5 w/ Win 7
    Asus P6T X58 ATX Core i7
    Intel Core i7 920
    6GB (3X2) DDR3 1600
    NVIDIA GeForce 580 GTX

The videos we watch are not 100% gold, but if we find a gold nugget, the time spent viewing has a value.

We can please some of the people some of the time, but we can't please all the people all of the time..... but I will keep trying.

If you are interested in keeping abreast of any new videos, please subscribe to my channel at YOUTUBE...... channel is ds hall

Quote Originally Posted by dshall View Post
    It is a reminder that you have EDIT OBJECT PARTS off
    not so, edit object parts is a different icon.
    In a 3D view, if you have a molding selected in the library browser the icon appears. Clicking on a molding polyline or a molding on a cabinet (maybe others too...?) will apply the selected molding.
    Kevin Moquin, AIA, LEED AP BD+C
    Portland Maine
    Chief X
    Asus G74SX i7 2630QM @ 2.0 GHz, 12GB, GeoForce GTX560M 3GB, Windows 7
    kma | kevin moquin architect
    kma on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by moak View Post
    not so, edit object parts is a different icon.
    In a 3D view, if you have a molding selected in the library browser the icon appears. Clicking on a molding polyline or a molding on a cabinet (maybe others too...?) will apply the selected molding.
    Hey thanks Moakster, I have to check that out.
    D. Scott Hall (The Bridge Troll)
    San Diego, Ca.
    Chief X-5 w/ Win 7
    Asus P6T X58 ATX Core i7
    Intel Core i7 920
    6GB (3X2) DDR3 1600
    NVIDIA GeForce 580 GTX

The videos we watch are not 100% gold, but if we find a gold nugget, the time spent viewing has a value.

We can please some of the people some of the time, but we can't please all the people all of the time..... but I will keep trying.

If you are interested in keeping abreast of any new videos, please subscribe to my channel at YOUTUBE...... channel is ds hall

I was just about to post this:

Changing Profiles on Existing Moldings

In 3D views, select a molding profile or symbol from the Library Browser and move your mouse pointer into the view window. The pointer displays the Moldings icon. Click on a molding polyline, 3D molding polyline, room molding, cabinet molding, door molding, or window molding in the view to change its molding profile. This is the same as changing the molding profile in the object’s specification dialog. See Moldings Tab.
    Glenn

Chief X5
    www.glennwoodward.com.au

Windows 7 - Home Premium
    Intel i7-920
    Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD3R
    6 Gb DDR3 1600MHz
    EVGA GTX285 1GbDDR3
    1TB Sata HD

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn Woodward View Post
    I was just about to post this:

Changing Profiles on Existing Moldings

In 3D views, select a molding profile or symbol from the Library Browser and move your mouse pointer into the view window. The pointer displays the Moldings icon. Click on a molding polyline, 3D molding polyline, room molding, cabinet molding, door molding, or window molding in the view to change its molding profile. This is the same as changing the molding profile in the object’s specification dialog. See Moldings Tab.
    Didn't know that - Thanks Glenn
    The purpose of Government is to control the common resources, not the common man.

Larry Hawes
    Hawes Home Design
    Vista, CA
    Hawes Home Design

X5 and X6 Public Beta 3
    Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
    Motherboard EVGA Classified SR-2
    Processors (2) 6 core Xeon L5640
    Memory 24GB PNY DDR3 1600
    Video EVGA GTX 780
    Monitor 26" LG 1920 x 1200
    21" Viewsonic

So this tool will only change a profile, and only if there's already a molding applied? It will not *add* a molding to an object that does not have one if I am understanding correctly?

I ask because sometimes adding a lot of moldings can get laborious, especially if I have forgotten to set up my defaults in the beginning

By the way thank you for the info, I DO tend to change my mind on moldings here and there and this makes it easy to change them.

I knew that little icon did SOMETHING