can't select lines in cad detail X1

I'm working on a cad detail in X1 that was an elevation that I exported (cad detail from view). I drew some additional lines in the cad detail but cannot select them (I want to delete them). I have tried zooming in and out, clicking all over the lines, but it acts like the line doesn't exist. I can select other lines in the detail. The lines were created by selecting a line and copying, so maybe there was some setting on the first line that got carried over to the subsequent lines. Any ideas? thanks!

1. Check for a locked layer.
    2. Click on the line and then hit the Tab key on your keyboard. If something else is being selected first, the Tab key will scroll to the next object in view.
    alan lehman - Lehman Design Studio - Carmel, CA
    www.LehmanDesignStudio.com
    vX5 with the latest patch
    Intel i7-3770k cpu @ 3.5ghz, 16gb mem., Win 7, Nvidia GeForce GTX 660
    "No rest for the wicked or the freelancers."

Wow, it was a locked layer, have never used that feature. Thanks much!! One other question you might know- When I delete lines in a cad detail that is derived from a view, there is often multiple instances of the same line. In other words, when I delete the line there is another line underneath that one that also must be deleted. Is there a way to keep these duplicate lines from being generated in the first place?

Quote Originally Posted by lighthouse View Post
    Wow, it was a locked layer, have never used that feature. Thanks much!! One other question you might know- When I delete lines in a cad detail that is derived from a view, there is often multiple instances of the same line. In other words, when I delete the line there is another line underneath that one that also must be deleted. Is there a way to keep these duplicate lines from being generated in the first place?
    I believe the cross section lines are locked by default in the original Chief profile plan. I always uncheck it when making my profile plan. To answer you last question, I believe no, but, when deleting lines, if you shift/select the lines, instead of selecting one by one, then you'll get all the lines, even the ones behind each other.
    Tommy Blair
    Houston, TX.
    (713) 467-0579
    tblair55@sbcglobal.net
    Avid Chief User V8-X5
    Lead Houston User's Group
    HP Dv7t Quad Edition Laptop
    W7 Home Premium, 64-Bit
    2nd Gen. Intel Quad Core i7-2720QM 2.2 GHz (turbo boost to 3.3 GHz)
    1GB Radeon HD 6770M GDDR5
    8GB DDR3 System Memory, 640GB 7200rpm Hard Drive
    (2) 2.0 ports, (2) 3.0 ports
    17.3" Monitor (1600x900)

Chief Architect being natively 3-D will send all virtual lines to a layout and in a virtual 3-D view, viewed in 2-D the lines in the same plane are stacked,on top of each other relative to your point of view.

Like Tommy said, when you send views to layout (send to layout dialog) you can check the attribute "Merge Generated Lines" and the software witll then "Merge" them but if you don't they will remain stacked in a view, one on top of another.

DJP

David Jefferson Potter

Chief Architect ® Trainer, Beta Tester, Draftsman, Author of "Basic Manual Roof Editing" and Problem Solver
    Win7 Ultimate x64 & XP Pro x32, 500 Gb Samsung SSD
    AMD Phenom II X6 1090T, 8Gb DDR3 RAM, PNY 760 GTX

Chief 7-X6, Home Designer versions 7-2014
    3101 Shoreline Drive #2118, Austin, Texas 78728-4446
    Office Phone:512-518-3161
    Main E mail: david@djpdesigns.net
    Web Site:http://djpdesigns.net
    My You Tube Channel
    Help is just an e mail or call away!