Question Missing icon for "WALLS". Also Library does not open to show items.

1. The icon to select walls is missing from the toolbar. How do I get it back?
    2. My library does not display when I click the icon or type Ctrl L. It may be displaying on my side monitor that is not being used anymore - just a thought.
    If that is the case how do I move it to my main monitor?
    3. I am developing a large file for a triplex, but when I send the elevations to layout, or re-open from layout and close - "yes", it displays with an incomplete re-draw and says 'not enough calc memory'. Is there a way to tap into more memory?

I have been using Chief since '97 and have never had these problems before.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Quote Originally Posted by fitz View Post
    1. The icon to select walls is missing from the toolbar. How do I get it back?

I BELIEVE YOU CAN GO TO PREFERENCES (I THINK) AND UNDER TOOL BARS YOU CAN RESET TOOL BARS. I WILL CHECK IN THE AM ON ACTUAL LOCATION, AT HOME NOW, BUT SOMEWHERE THIS IS A RESET TOOL BUTTON OPTION, DO THAT AND THEN RESTART.

2. My library does not display when I click the icon or type Ctrl L. It may be displaying on my side monitor that is not being used anymore - just a thought.
    If that is the case how do I move it to my main monitor?

AGAIN RESET TOOL BARS AND RESTART CHIEF

3. I am developing a large file for a triplex, but when I send the elevations to layout, or re-open from layout and close - "yes", it displays with an incomplete re-draw and says 'not enough calc memory'. Is there a way to tap into more memory?

SOME OF THE CHIEF GURUS CAN HELP WITH THIS, ABOVE MY PAY GRADE

I have been using Chief since '97 and have never had these problems before.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
    I hope somebody else reading this post might help Pops out, thank you.
    D. Scott Hall (The Bridge Troll)
    San Diego, Ca.
    Chief X-5 w/ Win 7
    Asus P6T X58 ATX Core i7
    Intel Core i7 920
    6GB (3X2) DDR3 1600
    NVIDIA GeForce 580 GTX

The videos we watch are not 100% gold, but if we find a gold nugget, the time spent viewing has a value.

We can please some of the people some of the time, but we can't please all the people all of the time..... but I will keep trying.

If you are interested in keeping abreast of any new videos, please subscribe to my channel at YOUTUBE...... channel is ds hall

Hi Neighbor.

I don't have XP, but give this a try to correct the library browser window from opening up on the now non-existent 2nd monitor.

Right-Click in open area of desktop, select Properties. Click Settings tab.
    Select the missing monitor in the drop-down box,
    Uncheck "Extend my Windows desktop to this monitor" Click Ok.
    Kind Regards,
    Dave Pitman

Current Version: X5
    System
    Win-7 64 bit
    Intel i7 930 (2.8 ghz x 4)
    Nvidia gtx 260 (1 gb ram)
    12 gb ddr3 ram

or...Preferences...Appearance...Library Browser...Restore Position/Size defaults
    Glenn

Chief X5
    www.glennwoodward.com.au

Windows 7 - Home Premium
    Intel i7-920
    Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD3R
    6 Gb DDR3 1600MHz
    EVGA GTX285 1GbDDR3
    1TB Sata HD

Chief normally tries to force things on screen if they are off screen. Of course if you turn off a monitor or unplug it and don't tell the OS that you did so then you would have a problem. Resetting locations is a good method of getting things back to a reasonable state.
    Doug Park
    Principal Software Architect
    Chief Architect, Inc.

Thank you all for your input.
    1. Preferences...Appearance...Library Browser...Restore Position/Size defaults was the answer to the Library problem - had to close program and re-open.
    2. Still do not have the walls icon.
    3. Still lacking processing oomph!!