Tile Grout Lines Have Disappeared...

Haven't seen this and am not sure I could recreate this if I tried but suddenly the tile grout line are gone. Looks like
    stretch to fit' has been checked. Any thoughts?

GROUT LINES.zip

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GROUT LINES 1.jpg 
Views:	223 
Size:	85.7 KB 
ID:	60598
    The purpose of Government is to control the common resources, not the common man.

Larry Hawes
    Hawes Home Design
    Vista, CA
    Hawes Home Design

X5 and X6 Public Beta 3
    Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit
    Motherboard EVGA Classified SR-2
    Processors (2) 6 core Xeon L5640
    Memory 24GB PNY DDR3 1600
    Video EVGA GTX 780
    Monitor 26" LG 1920 x 1200
    21" Viewsonic

Quote Originally Posted by HumbleChief View Post
    Haven't seen this and am not sure I could recreate this if I tried but suddenly the tile grout line are gone. Looks like
    stretch to fit' has been checked. Any thoughts?

GROUT LINES.zip

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	GROUT LINES 1.jpg 
Views:	223 
Size:	85.7 KB 
ID:	60598
    Definitely not stretch to fit. There are no grout line in the texture to give you grout, so that's a no brainer. But it sure looks like a seamless texture. That is really neat, I would save it. Larry, you need a travertine texture that has the grout lines already.

I think that is a seamless texture.
    D. Scott Hall (The Bridge Troll)
    San Diego, Ca.
    Chief X-5 w/ Win 7
    Asus P6T X58 ATX Core i7
    Intel Core i7 920
    6GB (3X2) DDR3 1600
    NVIDIA GeForce 580 GTX

The videos we watch are not 100% gold, but if we find a gold nugget, the time spent viewing has a value.

We can please some of the people some of the time, but we can't please all the people all of the time..... but I will keep trying.

If you are interested in keeping abreast of any new videos, please subscribe to my channel at YOUTUBE...... channel is ds hall

how is it on that file you clearly have a foundation, yet no "foundation" level???
    X5
    i7-3930k Dell XPS - 16GB Ram
    (2) 30" Dell 3008WFP Monitors
    Wacom 24HD

Quote Originally Posted by dshall View Post
    Definitely not stretch to fit. There are no grout line in the texture to give you grout, so that's a no brainer. But it sure looks like a seamless texture. That is really neat, I would save it. Larry, you need a travertine texture that has the grout lines already.

I think that is a seamless texture.
    That's good and all, but in the DBX there is a section that clearly refers to "tile" line color - and so wouldn't that be the factor to dictate lines???...not the texture? Odd.

***ADDED
    Never mind - I see in the vector view is where the lines show. This is good to know. So no mater the what you have to have a texture that contains a line/pattern if you want that to show in render mode. Gotcha.
    X5
    Wacom 24HD

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyprc View Post
    how is it on that file you clearly have a foundation, yet no "foundation" level???
    That is what I call the "virtual foundation", it's really not there but it is. I pretty much ignore it because I always put in or already have a foundation. I would attempt to explain it, but I can't. I think it is there for newbies........ I guess.......... it has something to do with his defaults of having a mono slab I think.
    San Diego, Ca.
    Chief X-5 w/ Win 7
    Asus P6T X58 ATX Core i7
    Intel Core i7 920
    6GB (3X2) DDR3 1600
    NVIDIA GeForce 580 GTX

The videos we watch are not 100% gold, but if we find a gold nugget, the time spent viewing has a value.

We can please some of the people some of the time, but we can't please all the people all of the time..... but I will keep trying.

If you are interested in keeping abreast of any new videos, please subscribe to my channel at YOUTUBE...... channel is ds hall

I think it has to do with the the texture not having any grout lines. That texture piece in your material has not grouty lineys. See my travertine pic.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	grouty liney.JPG 
Views:	137 
Size:	87.4 KB 
ID:	60601  
    alan lehman - Lehman Design Studio - Carmel, CA
    www.LehmanDesignStudio.com
    vX5 with the latest patch
    Intel i7-3770k cpu @ 3.5ghz, 16gb mem., Win 7, Nvidia GeForce GTX 660
    "No rest for the wicked or the freelancers."

Ohhh boy was I late on that. I guess I was on the phone too long with the client who wants her drawing done.
    alan lehman - Lehman Design Studio - Carmel, CA
    www.LehmanDesignStudio.com
    vX5 with the latest patch
    Intel i7-3770k cpu @ 3.5ghz, 16gb mem., Win 7, Nvidia GeForce GTX 660
    "No rest for the wicked or the freelancers."

It seems I've created a thousand tile/stone floors using Chief's textures and materials and always have had grout lines. Not sure what I changed or how to get those lines back. Why suddenly do i need to create a custom texture for a basic travertine I've used many times before?
    The purpose of Government is to control the common resources, not the common man.

Larry Hawes
    Hawes Home Design
    Vista, CA
    Hawes Home Design

X5 and X6 Public Beta 3
    Video EVGA GTX 780
    21" Viewsonic

I find asking those type of questions can drive one to drink (well we need an excuse).

Do you have photoshop or another like app - it would take less than 3 min. to fix.
    X5
    Wacom 24HD

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyprc View Post
    I find asking those type of questions can drive one to drink (well we need an excuse).

Do you have photoshop or another like app - it would take less than 3 min. to fix.
    Or look in library for travertine with grout lines already, I am sure there is one in there. I think the DALTILE catalog might be a good place to start.
    San Diego, Ca.
    Chief X-5 w/ Win 7
    Asus P6T X58 ATX Core i7
    Intel Core i7 920
    6GB (3X2) DDR3 1600
    NVIDIA GeForce 580 GTX

Sorry, probably asking the wrong question. I've created a LOT of tile floors using Chief's core library stone tiles and never had the grout lines disappear. I just tried another stone with no grout lines as well. Seems to be system wide or a setting i changed - stumped.

Larry Hawes
    Hawes Home Design
    Vista, CA
    Hawes Home Design

X5 and X6 Public Beta 3
    Video EVGA GTX 780
    21" Viewsonic

Quote Originally Posted by HumbleChief View Post
    Sorry, probably asking the wrong question. I've created a LOT of tile floors using Chief's core library stone tiles and never had the grout lines disappear. I just tried another stone with no grout lines as well. Seems to be system wide or a setting i changed - stumped.
    Larry, I think you are mistaken, when you got those grout lines, it is because you chose a texture that had them. I do not think you messed up any settings. It is not system wide and you changed no settings. Look for any texture that has the grout lines, typically it will probably be a texture material that probably has four tiles in the texture.
    San Diego, Ca.
    Chief X-5 w/ Win 7
    Asus P6T X58 ATX Core i7
    Intel Core i7 920
    6GB (3X2) DDR3 1600
    NVIDIA GeForce 580 GTX

OK who out there didn't KNOW it was user error? I was using the >Materials>Stone/masonry>Travertine material and not the >Tile>Stone>Travertine material. DOH!!

Larry Hawes
    Hawes Home Design
    Vista, CA
    Hawes Home Design

X5 and X6 Public Beta 3
    Video EVGA GTX 780
    21" Viewsonic