Thread: Layerset Issue

Layerset Issue

OK, for my own sanity...

I am trying to make a custom view and wanted to start with the "Wall Detail Set" layerset, and duplicate making my own set called "CUSTOM WALL DETAIL". Apparently you can't make a layerset off that original set and then add say - "Walls, Foundation" to be visible - something is hardwired there by CA to NOT allow that layer to be viewed even if it shows as being on?? Nothing I can do allows me to make the foundation viewable in a derivative of that layerset.
    X5
    i7-3930k Dell XPS - 16GB Ram
    (2) 30" Dell 3008WFP Monitors
    Wacom 24HD

I think you are wrong. I think it us user error. Post a small plan and I will look at it tomorrow.
    D. Scott Hall (The Bridge Troll)
    San Diego, Ca.
    Chief X-5 w/ Win 7
    Asus P6T X58 ATX Core i7
    Intel Core i7 920
    6GB (3X2) DDR3 1600
    NVIDIA GeForce 580 GTX

The videos we watch are not 100% gold, but if we find a gold nugget, the time spent viewing has a value.

We can please some of the people some of the time, but we can't please all the people all of the time..... but I will keep trying.

If you are interested in keeping abreast of any new videos, please subscribe to my channel at YOUTUBE...... channel is ds hall

Are you using the Wall Elevation Camera, or opening the Wall Detail View from the Project Browser? If so, that is your issue.

Try an Elevation or Back Clipped Cross Section camera instead.
    Kind Regards,
    Dave Pitman

Current Version: X5
    System
    Win-7 64 bit
    Intel i7 930 (2.8 ghz x 4)
    Nvidia gtx 260 (1 gb ram)
    12 gb ddr3 ram

Here you go - Its just a "mess around" type file though...
    Attached Files Attached Files
    X5
    Wacom 24HD

Quote Originally Posted by NW Dave View Post
    Are you using the Wall Elevation Camera, or opening the Wall Detail View from the Project Browser? If so, that is your issue.

Try an Elevation or Back Clipped Cross Section camera instead.
    I first tried in the Wall Detail under Project Browser, and that didn't work - and the same override is on there so you can't add layers "on". Then I tried copying that layerset and created a new Wall Elevation Camera and it had the same restriction. I realize you can just create a fresh layerset, but it would be SOOOOO much faster to adjust the Wall Detail Set as a starter. I need to produce some shear-wall diagrams on a project so I am playing with this method to create wall framing and hold-downs going into the foundation etc.

The problem with NOT using that Wall Detail Set is that you see the wall framing on walls thru the entire house.
    X5
    Wacom 24HD

In your sample plan, I made one change to the Wall Detail Layerset. I turned on the Foundation Layer. Maybe I'm not sure what you are wanting to show?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	aa.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	14.8 KB 
ID:	60488  
    Kind Regards,
    Dave Pitman

Current Version: X5
    System
    Win-7 64 bit
    Intel i7 930 (2.8 ghz x 4)
    Nvidia gtx 260 (1 gb ram)
    12 gb ddr3 ram