Room Label - Area in metric AND imperial?

Being an historic imperialistic nation with recent European entente cordiales / FrancoGermanic powergrabs...

In the UK about 50% of people use metric and the other 1/2 use imperial measurements - in fact most use both depending on whether it's hot (F), cold (C), beer (pints), petrol (litres), pheasants (brace), money (decimal £) unless of course it's money at a horse race in which case it's guineas....

You get the idea, we are one confused country.

Is CA able to help as I have to design in metric (European rules), but then the old builder - or young estate agent - asks for areas in square feet.

So that's it. Can CA show me square metres and square feet in room labels. I'm talking AUTOMATIC - I'm on one of my occasional time saving drives. I'm suspecting it may be a macro or ruby answer but please try and keep it simple to match my brain capacity.

Thanks, danke and merci bien.
    Andy
    London, UK
    X6
    Property Development

xxxxxx
    Dell XPS
    O/S: Windows 7 64bit
    Processor: 2nd generation Intel Core i7-2670QM 2.20 GHz with Turbo Boost up to 3.10 GHz
    Memory: 16GB 1600 DDR3
    Screen: Dual 15.6" 1920x1080 and 28" 1920 x 1200
    Graphics: 2GB NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M
    Coffee: Lavazza

Oh and can I have m2 to one decimal place on room label? It looks unnecessarily complex with 2 decimals.
    Andy
    London, UK
    X6
    Property Development

xxxxxx
    Dell XPS
    Processor: 2nd generation Intel Core i7-2670QM 2.20 GHz with Turbo Boost up to 3.10 GHz

And now it's giving me room height in millimetres which would look plain crazy to a house buyer. I need to know how control formatting if room labels are to be of any real use.

And half the time I double click on room label it says 'Room label text can only be modified through the Room Specification or Room Lable Defaults dialogues, etc etc' - the other half it lets me change the text and macros. ??
    Andy
    London, UK
    X6
    Property Development

xxxxxx
    Dell XPS

Sound's like the UK use of units is just as messed up as the US. Probably a macro is your best bet now. I will certainly keep this in mind moving forward.
    Doug Park
    Principal Software Architect
    Chief Architect, Inc.

Thanks Doug.

Just remembered we (the UK) are actually 4 confused countries, though there is a vote soon on whether Scotland will leave.
    Andy
    London, UK
    X6
    Property Development

xxxxxx
    Dell XPS

We do our dimensioning in metric, but many customers ask for squares for floor area - for some reason they can envison the size of a house in squares but not square metres

And as a side note to that it would be handy if Chief gave us living areas in m2 NOT sq m
    Chief Bug Fix Department

Rod
    Chief Ver X1

(Smilies collection from the brilliant creative members of Deviantart and Freethought)

Quote Originally Posted by Sledge View Post
    And as a side note to that it would be handy if Chief gave us living areas in m2 NOT sq m
    Chief has this capability, but you have to use a macro as pointed out by Doug. Take a look at the help topic "Text Macro Management"

To read internal room area in sq meters just put the following in a macro and add the macro to the room label.

"#{internal_area} m\xb2"

Set content type to: owner, check evaluate. This is valid for most fonts. But if your using a off font \xb2 may be different.
    Gerry

NewCraft Home Services

Design/ Compliance Review
    PE, X6 , Sketchup 8, TurboCad Pro 20
    -----------------------------------
    ASUS P9X79D, i7-3820, GTX680 w/4gb
    -----------------------------
    If the Government would just cut down more d*** trees, I'd have a much better view of the forest.

Thanks Gerry,

another great tip, I'll give it a go.

By default though, I don't know about other metric countries, but m2 is the norm here so hopefully that would be a simple thing for Chief to change as a standard output rather than using a macro.
    Chief Bug Fix Department

Rod
    Chief Ver X1

(Smilies collection from the brilliant creative members of Deviantart and Freethought)

m2 yep. And m3.
    Andy
    London, UK
    X6
    Property Development

xxxxxx
    Dell XPS