Hybrid View

I did not sign back up for SSA when it expired on me at the end of June, so I'm not sure if Customer Support will help without a huge fee at this point.
    Call them anyways. First, because it probably won't be a huge fee. I am guessing that there will only be a slight penalty for letting your SSA lapse. Second, because you are probably going to want to renew your SSA soon because X6 is coming. I hear it's already being beta tested and have heard rumors that it is going to be well worth the renewal cost.

This is part of what SSA is for. Problems happen. When they do, you can call someone that can help you.
    Kilgore Trout

Thanks, everyone. I wiped Chief off of the affected machine and used one of my three Emergency Passwords on the main laptop to get back into Chief successfully.

Since the machine that got hit with the virus was more of a backup machine and not used day to day, I've opted to eliminate Chief altogether on that one. Since I am now fully retired, it is doubtful that I will need X6. I can always pay for upgrading if it becomes necessary.

A word of warning, though, about that FBI Ransom Virus........despite having AVG Anti-Virus software running in combination with Windows Defender, I still got hit without any hindrance to it with the AVG running, or Win Def, and it was a gigantic disaster to my machine. The hard drive had to be wiped totally, as Doug, suggested. Starting from scratch with reinstalling everything is a big PITA to say the least.

My main machine also has AVG Internet Security, and now I am even more concerned what might happen to it if the virus shows up again. So, what say ye about the most reliable Anti-Virus, Anti-Malware on the market at this point????

I need to better prepare myself...............
    Louie Carter
    X5/X4/X3(since Ver 4.0),
    HP dv7 Laptop w/ Windows 7 64 bit
    12 GB, Nvidia GeForce 650M 2 GB Graphics, i7 processor
    Canon IPF 610 Wide Format Printer
    www.GraysonFamilyHomes.com