Threaded View

Sign On and Error Message

First some background: Two weeks ago I encountered the dreaded FBI Ransom Virus on one of my laptops and crashed the system trying to fix that. Local computer geeks had to back up all my files and reformat the disk, then reinstall Windows 7 and all my data files, but that process eliminated all the programs, including Chief Premier 5.

Fortunately, the affected laptop is more of a secondary, older machine. However, I attempted to reinstall Chief from my download files that were in the backed up data. That went okay after I deactivated my License on my primary machine. I was able to then sign into Chief on the affected machine and do a reinstall of the program and libraries. I then rebooted my machine with the intention of deactivating that License and starting back to using my primary machine.

However, I now get an error message when trying to open Chief on the affected machine......see the attachment.......and I have no clue what to do now! My main machine now wants me to sign in with Emergency Password, and while I have it, I really do not want to start using those up. I need a solution on this error message. AND, I did not sign back up for SSA when it expired on me at the end of June, so I'm not sure if Customer Support will help without a huge fee at this point.

Clearly, I need to get Chief running on the fixed machine so that I can deactivate the license and get back to my main one.

Anyone have some ideas on this one. I have been totally unable to get Chief running on the affected machine after doing the reboot of the system.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Chief_Error_Message.JPG 
Views:	108 
Size:	35.7 KB 
ID:	60452  
    Louie Carter
    X5/X4/X3(since Ver 4.0),
    HP dv7 Laptop w/ Windows 7 64 bit
    12 GB, Nvidia GeForce 650M 2 GB Graphics, i7 processor
    Canon IPF 610 Wide Format Printer
    www.GraysonFamilyHomes.com