lgswe is offline Registered User Promoted

Dormer walls above roof dissapeared

I made a model that had a dormer. The customer wanted to look at it without a dormer. I eliminated the dormer roofs, roof hole, dormer walls, etc. --- anything to do with the dormer. I did that along with many other changes. They decided they still wanted the dormer. Instead of completely rebuilding the dormer I thought I would just go back to the previous version that had the dormer and copy everything to do with the dormer back into the newer verision. After doing this none of the walls above the roofline show. The walls are below the roof. I've rebuilt and tried readjusting everything--roof hole, dormer walls roof etc. till the point where I'm really getting ticked off, mildly putting it. I even tried closing down CA and then opening it back up. Before zipping the plan to DropBox I thought I'd throw my "problem" out to you all thinking maybe I'm forgeting a logical step.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	McElroy's Dormer.JPG 
Views:	75 
Size:	87.5 KB 
ID:	60451  
    Larry Sweeney
    Designer/Builder/Restorations/Period Cabinetmaker since 1972

Chief X5, AutoCad 2010
    Windows 7 Pro
    Asus P8P67 Pro
    Intel Core i7 2600k
    8 GB DDR# 1600mhz
    GTX 670

lgswe is offline Registered User Promoted
    I shut down CA, had a beer, opened CA, opened the model, erased everything that had to do with the dormer, rebuilt the dormer from scratch, everything worked like it was suppose too. That is other than my dormer window having a different number now. That's another story! I think I'm going to have another beer. I'm glad my son-in-law was home over the 4th of July. He had brought the beer then, because I usually don't drink it. If this is how I can get through some of these problems maybe I'll have to start keeping some in the fridge.
    Larry Sweeney
    Designer/Builder/Restorations/Period Cabinetmaker since 1972

Chief X5, AutoCad 2010
    Windows 7 Pro
    Asus P8P67 Pro
    Intel Core i7 2600k
    8 GB DDR# 1600mhz
    GTX 670

Step 1. Save the current plan that has the dormer.
    Step 2. Delete the dormer.
    Step 3. Save the current plan that doesn't have the dormer under a new name.
    Step 4. Ask customer and find they want the dormer.
    Step 5. Restore the plan saved in step 1.
    Step 6. Pat yourself on the back for being so smart.

Seriously though, I tend to have dozens and dozens of versions of a project. I save a new version of the project anytime I think I might want to go back to that version.
    Regards, Frederick C. Wilt (Began with v9, now using X6 aka v16)

Larry, having beer in the frig is a good idea, but for the non drinkers, having a Taco Bell nearby is a good alternative.
    D. Scott Hall (The Bridge Troll)
    San Diego, Ca.
    Chief X-5 w/ Win 7
    Asus P6T X58 ATX Core i7
    Intel Core i7 920
    6GB (3X2) DDR3 1600
    NVIDIA GeForce 580 GTX

The videos we watch are not 100% gold, but if we find a gold nugget, the time spent viewing has a value.

We can please some of the people some of the time, but we can't please all the people all of the time..... but I will keep trying.

If you are interested in keeping abreast of any new videos, please subscribe to my channel at YOUTUBE...... channel is ds hall