vs 9.3 I do not have a move to back on stair dbx and trying to show wall underneather

I am trying to show a wall beneath my stairs. I read the past threads and I can't find the move to back on the stair dbx...any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

You should be able to turn off the "Fill" of the Stair (make it None/Transparent). As an alternative you can simply turn off the Stair Layer.

Of course, I'm not 100% sure for version 9. That's very old.
    Joseph P. Carrick, Architect - AIA
    ASUS M51AC Desktop, core i7-4770 CPU @3.4 GHZ, 16 GB Ram, NVidea GT640 with60M with 3GB GM, 30" HiRes (2560/1600) Monitor , (2) 24" ASUS Monitors
    Windows 8.1
    Chief Architect 9, 10, X1, X3, X4 Premium, X5 Premium, X6 Premium

If I do not misremember, you may be able to show the underlying wall by making the stair layer a dashed line.

Try it anyway, what do you have to lose?

Andy.
    CA X-V, Sketchup 8 PRO,
    Auto-something '11
    Revit'11
    Windows 7, AMD Phenom 8 core, 12 Gigs. Ram. (Works well together).
    Andre' G. Tardif
    andytardif@gmail.com
    www.draftinginoc.com

V9, come on Debbie, join us in the 21st century, v9 is ancient.

Bottom line, turn off stair fill, any walls that you do not want to see, put on separate layer and turn off. For dashed lines of treads for top few treads, draw a dashed white cad line over treads. Not perfect, not ideal, I hate to do it, but can't think of better method,
    D. Scott Hall (The Bridge Troll)
    San Diego, Ca.
    Chief X-5 w/ Win 7
    Asus P6T X58 ATX Core i7
    Intel Core i7 920
    6GB (3X2) DDR3 1600
    NVIDIA GeForce 580 GTX

The videos we watch are not 100% gold, but if we find a gold nugget, the time spent viewing has a value.

We can please some of the people some of the time, but we can't please all the people all of the time..... but I will keep trying.

If you are interested in keeping abreast of any new videos, please subscribe to my channel at YOUTUBE...... channel is ds hall

Thanks guys. I ended up just doing stair sections around the walls. I got this vs 9.3 pretty cheap so I can try it out and see if I want to upgrade.

Be careful not to compare apples to oranges. V9 is wayyy behind the times. You will get frustrated with things in that older version that have been fixed. Download the trial version of X5 and you will see a vast difference.
    Joey R. Martin,aibd,cgp,cga,caps
    Martin Design & Planning
    Elwood, Indiana
    Cell. 765-860-3567
    eMail. joeymdp@gmail.com