Printing Layout Page

I am new to CA and I am having trouble correctly printing the layout page to scale. What I want to do is print a simple small plan to 8 1/2" X 14" (legal) paper and have it print to scale but with the title blocks included. How do I need to set-up my page? I know how to set things up in properties for correct paper size and such but I often lose title blocks or end up with incorrectly scaled images. I know this is probably really basic but I have not figured it out.
    Thanks in advance,
    Dan Johnson

Dan,

Printing is something that is simple to do but if you miss one setting in either "Page or Print Set up or Print" dialogs, or assume that things are right (in other words just assume and not look-check every setting per print) without looking, carefully per dialog per print job then it can all seem a little daunting.

Just be methodical and confront (carefully inspect-look at squarely with attention to detail) each dialog (Page Set Up, Printer Properties and Print Dialogs) each time you print. There is no "trick" to it, there is only being sure each setting is correct for what you intend to create.

DJP

David Jefferson Potter

Chief Architect ® Trainer, Beta Tester, Draftsman, Author of "Basic Manual Roof Editing" and Problem Solver
    Win7 Ultimate x64 & XP Pro x32, 500 Gb Samsung SSD
    AMD Phenom II X6 1090T, 8Gb DDR3 RAM, PNY 760 GTX

Chief 7-X6, Home Designer versions 7-2014
    3101 Shoreline Drive #2118, Austin, Texas 78728-4446
    Office Phone:512-518-3161
    Main E mail: david@djpdesigns.net
    Web Site:http://djpdesigns.net
    My You Tube Channel
    Help is just an e mail or call away!

DJ, are you printing to PDF or straight to printer?. Post a screen shot of what you are getting.

We need more info to diagnose what the issue is.
    D. Scott Hall (The Bridge Troll)
    San Diego, Ca.
    Chief X-5 w/ Win 7
    Asus P6T X58 ATX Core i7
    Intel Core i7 920
    6GB (3X2) DDR3 1600
    NVIDIA GeForce 580 GTX

The videos we watch are not 100% gold, but if we find a gold nugget, the time spent viewing has a value.

We can please some of the people some of the time, but we can't please all the people all of the time..... but I will keep trying.

If you are interested in keeping abreast of any new videos, please subscribe to my channel at YOUTUBE...... channel is ds hall

I suspect that he has his title block and borders set up for a larger sheet size.

Thanks to Scott, I have a separate Annotation Set and Layer Set for each sheet size with appropriately located title blocks, etc.
    Joseph P. Carrick, Architect - AIA
    ASUS M51AC Desktop, core i7-4770 CPU @3.4 GHZ, 16 GB Ram, NVidea GT640 with60M with 3GB GM, 30" HiRes (2560/1600) Monitor , (2) 24" ASUS Monitors
    Windows 8.1
    Chief Architect 9, 10, X1, X3, X4 Premium, X5 Premium, X6 Premium

1) Select your legal size sheet in Page Setup and choose the printer you want to print to (Don't select PDF here.)
    2) Ensure that show sheet is turned on. Print Preview is a quick way to do this.
    3) Set up your title blocks. Pay attention to the blue line which is the printable area for your printer. (This is why you don't want to select PDF since the printable area of a PDF is right to the edge of the paper)
    4) Now that you have your title blocks where you want them do a test print to make sure things are working.

Now when you print the output should fit and be to scale. Even if you now switch to PDF it will still fit if you print from your PDF viewer.
    Doug Park
    Principal Software Architect
    Chief Architect, Inc.

Thanks everyone. I figured it out.