Wide single gate

I'm trying to create a nineteen foot wide single gate. Every time I try to make the gate bigger, it switches to a double gate. I can't find anything in the object settings to switch it back.

Thanks,
    Scott

Also, my gates are all stuck what looks like two feet above the ground.

1000 words....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	single me.JPG 
Views:	49 
Size:	68.2 KB 
ID:	60422  
    alan lehman - Lehman Design Studio - Carmel, CA
    www.LehmanDesignStudio.com
    vX5 with the latest patch
    Intel i7-3770k cpu @ 3.5ghz, 16gb mem., Win 7, Nvidia GeForce GTX 660
    "No rest for the wicked or the freelancers."

Well that's very strange.

My 'door specification' screen has only the tabs 'General', 'Casing', 'Frame & Lights', 'Arch', 'Hardware', and 'Materials'. There's no options tab. I'm using Home Designer Suite 2014.

Have I wandered into the wrong forum? Is there a separate one for Home Designer users?
    Last edited by smbaker; 09-11-2013 at 11:19 AM.

Yes, I don't know the link but there is a separate forum.
    alan lehman - Lehman Design Studio - Carmel, CA
    www.LehmanDesignStudio.com
    vX5 with the latest patch
    Intel i7-3770k cpu @ 3.5ghz, 16gb mem., Win 7, Nvidia GeForce GTX 660
    "No rest for the wicked or the freelancers."

Not that it really matters to me, but I have never seen a 19' single swing door/gate. The mechanics involved to make that work would change the appearance substantially - to the point that anything you are going to get out of the box from ANY Chief product probably isn't close to accurate.

Personally, I would (a) verify the product, and then (b) get the specs to make sure what you have designed will work, and (c) custom model a door that appears correct.

****ADDED
    For fun I looked to see what the largest "standard" size of some gate makers was...all of them seemed to have a max of 14', but a couple did go to 16' - again, with non-standard door/gate type.
    X5
    i7-3930k Dell XPS - 16GB Ram
    (2) 30" Dell 3008WFP Monitors
    Wacom 24HD

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyprc View Post
    Personally, I would (a) verify the product, and then (b) get the specs to make sure what you have designed will work, and (c) custom model a door that appears correct.
    I'm looking out the window at it!

It's a welded steel frame with standard picket fence planks screwed to the front of it. I'm almost certain it's custom built. Impressively, the heavy thing is fully supported from the hinge side and doesn't even have a wheel for support on the non-hinged side.

That's incredible the hinge supports that metal door. Like I said, I have never seen that size of swing door and I would probably design with a telescope arm hinge.

If its easy, would you post a quick pic? Kinda curious now.
    X5
    Wacom 24HD

Pictures attached.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gate1.jpg 
Views:	128 
Size:	200.1 KB 
ID:	60423

hinge detail:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	gate2.jpg 
Views:	135 
Size:	142.8 KB 
ID:	60424

The big gate is the one in the middle with the trash cans behind it. There's also a smaller walk-gate to the left of it. The panel on the far right is fixed and doesn't swing. What's also curious about this whole setup is that the RV parking area has a significant slant to it, and the gate is custom built to the slant.

Thanks for uploading the pics - yes, that is a very custom door so you are right. Very heavy duty frame, and the post that supports the swing has a "flying buttress" like brace.

To get a fully accurate 3D model that renders this correctly, I am afraid the only way I know is using psolid tools in Chief - and in fact, I would probably use Sketchup or another 3D app if it was my project. If you are looking just for a 2D representation on a floor plan, that is something different. How far are you wanting to take the accuracy of the model?
    X5
    Wacom 24HD

Quote Originally Posted by johnnyprc View Post
    How far are you wanting to take the accuracy of the model?
    The 2D view is probably sufficient, although something that looks reasonably good in 3D wouldn't hurt. I do have the skill necessary to draw something up in a modeling program, but I'm not sure that 'Home Architect Suite' has the capability to have a single swinging door that's more than 4' wide. At least that's what I'm gathering from the discussion in the other forum.