X5 Dimension Text Size on Small Monitor

I work in two stores during the week, and at my "home" store I have dual 24" monitors. At the other store, there are dual 20" or 22"...not really sure.

Anyways, all is well at the home store with the 24's, but when I come here and zoom way out the text on the dimensions grows, and really jumbles things up.

I've attached pictures of what I'm talking about.

I thought there was a way to change this, but I can't remember where the setting is. Any thoughts??
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Zoomed Out.jpg 
Views:	119 
Size:	198.8 KB 
ID:	60417   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Zoomed In.jpg 
Views:	119 
Size:	142.1 KB 
ID:	60418  
    Jonathan

It's located in Edit>Preferences>Appearance. Then in the bottom right there's a selection called "Minimum Display Size".

Change the Dimensions box to whatever you desire.
    Jonathan

Oh...ok, thanks jonathank!
    Jonathan

You didn't post anything, we spoke about this just recently, going off memory, in either defaults or prefs you have the option to set min pixel size, if you choose zero, the text will no longer grow when you zoom out.
    D. Scott Hall (The Bridge Troll)
    San Diego, Ca.
    Chief X-5 w/ Win 7
    Asus P6T X58 ATX Core i7
    Intel Core i7 920
    6GB (3X2) DDR3 1600
    NVIDIA GeForce 580 GTX

The videos we watch are not 100% gold, but if we find a gold nugget, the time spent viewing has a value.

We can please some of the people some of the time, but we can't please all the people all of the time..... but I will keep trying.

If you are interested in keeping abreast of any new videos, please subscribe to my channel at YOUTUBE...... channel is ds hall

Jonathan, I'm glad Jonathan was able to help out.
    D. Scott Hall (The Bridge Troll)
    San Diego, Ca.
    Chief X-5 w/ Win 7
    Asus P6T X58 ATX Core i7
    Intel Core i7 920
    6GB (3X2) DDR3 1600
    NVIDIA GeForce 580 GTX

The videos we watch are not 100% gold, but if we find a gold nugget, the time spent viewing has a value.

We can please some of the people some of the time, but we can't please all the people all of the time..... but I will keep trying.

If you are interested in keeping abreast of any new videos, please subscribe to my channel at YOUTUBE...... channel is ds hall

No problem, thanks for the reply back.

I thought, ohhh...I better just quadruple check, and I found it.

I just figured I'd post this anyways, in case anyone has a similar question.
    Jonathan

tHANKS to both- I forgot about that pixel thing. Maybe I'll remember it the next time I need it.-BB
    Architect,NOT! (archnot@yahoo.com): Dell XPS 8300, i7-2600 3.40 GHZ Quad Core, Windows 7 Pro 64 bit, ATI-radeon HD 5700 1-gig(not by choice came with cpu), 8 GB RAM, 25" Hanspree HF 255 LCD Moniter- User since Chief '97(v6)-X4

Personally I dislike that feature because it makes it hard to tell how your dimensions will look when you print. I know that many do like it and I believe we ship with it on so for those of us that want it off we need to remember to turn it off every time we install.
    Doug Park
    Principal Software Architect
    Chief Architect, Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Park View Post
    Personally I dislike that feature because it makes it hard to tell how your dimensions will look when you print. I know that many do like it and I believe we ship with it on so for those of us that want it off we need to remember to turn it off every time we install.
    I forget, what is the WYSIWYG setting? 0 (zero) Pixels? and does setting it to zero allow you to see exactly where the dimensions will display when a dimension's length is so short that the dimension does not fit between the "arrows"?-BB
    Architect,NOT! (archnot@yahoo.com): Dell XPS 8300, i7-2600 3.40 GHZ Quad Core, Windows 7 Pro 64 bit, ATI-radeon HD 5700 1-gig(not by choice came with cpu), 8 GB RAM, 25" Hanspree HF 255 LCD Moniter- User since Chief '97(v6)-X4

Yes set it to zero. This is one of those things we should probably add and explicit check box for.
    Doug Park
    Chief Architect, Inc.

Thanks Doug, I just checked and my X5 was set to zero right out of the box for both dimensions and labels.

I've attached two images of the same wall dimension. When I zoom in, the 3 1/2" dim is fitting between the hash marks, when I zoom out the 3 1/2" dim is out and to the side. This illustrates my WYSIWYG question in regards to what I see and what actually prints regarding "the jumping around" of small dimensions that may or may not fit between the dimension "arrows" or "tic marks". Again, my pixel setting is "zero".-BB

Name:	Dimension Zoomed In-9-13-13.PNG 
Views:	97 
Size:	77.7 KB 
ID:	60453   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Dimension Zoomed Out-9-13-13.PNG 
Views:	98 
Size:	76.0 KB 
ID:	60454  

Doug, are you talking about a more explicit box than this? Wasn't it more obvious in the pre-X versions? I can't remember.-BB

Name:	DimensionsPixel-DBX-9-13-13.jpg 
Views:	110 
Size:	96.0 KB 
ID:	60459  
    Last edited by Bradley Boltz; 09-13-2013 at 07:06 AM. Reason: grammar baby!

That is the box. I think it has always been more or less the same, but I don't remember either. WYSIWYG, in my opinion, should be the out of box setting, but not everyone agrees with me.
    Doug Park
    Chief Architect, Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Park View Post
    That is the box. I think it has always been more or less the same, but I don't remember either. WYSIWYG, in my opinion, should be the out of box setting, but not everyone agrees with me.
    I agree, I like everything ready to go out-of-the-box. Any chance you could address my "post #11" (& attached images) about the WYSIWYG issue regarding the small dimensions? -BB

That shouldn't happen. Please send a plan in that exhibits the problem to our support team so we can look into that case.
    Doug Park
    Chief Architect, Inc.