Hybrid View

I totally agree with you Frederick - we need the ability to display "through" columns on multiple floor levels.
    Curt Johnson

X5

Puget Systems Custom Computer, Win 7 Pro 64-bit SP1, 3.3Ghz Intel Core i5 2500K Quad, 8 GB Kingston DDR3-1333 Ram, Intel X25-M 80 GB SSD App Drive, WD 500 GB Caviar Blue SATA 6 Gb/s Data Drive, EVGA GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1024MB VC, Antec 650W PS, Asus p8P67 Pro REV 3.0 Motherboard

Wow, thanks for all the ideas! I have been using CAD software for years, and I recently switched over to CA to try and speed up some processes. With this particular problem, I am ordering custom length railings, and I need to know the diameter of the tapered columns on all three floors to get the correct length for the railings.

Intuitively it seems like you could select to display objects on all floors which they are present.

If I place a new column on each floor, the tapered diameter will not be correct unless I do my own calculations, which would take longer than just using my previous CAD software, the material list would be off and my renderings would look funny.

I'll just assume it's one of those things, and I'll use the workarounds you kindly suggested.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by rollerroman View Post
    If I place a new column on each floor, the tapered diameter will not be correct unless I do my own calculations, which would take longer than just using my previous CAD software, the material list would be off and my renderings would look funny.
    Similarly to the taper problem, if you want to use tall columns with detailing at the top & bottom, like greek columns or some craftsman ones for example, you wouldn't want to show a separate column on each floor because the rendering would not be accurate.
    Levis Lavoie
    Owner / Architectural Tech
    www.design3drafting.ca

X6 Beta 3
    User since X1
    Apple 27" iMac and 15" MacBook Pro