Ha, ha, ha.
    Nice try johnnyprc!!
    You like that?...worth a try.
    X5
    i7-3930k Dell XPS - 16GB Ram
    (2) 30" Dell 3008WFP Monitors
    Wacom 24HD

Quote Originally Posted by NW Dave View Post
    He has not been here long enough to know how naive that request was!
    I think he was fully aware. Quite funny.

Bryce Engstrom: Architect, LEED AP
    www.engstromarchitecture.com
    Chief X6 Beta
    Sketchup Pro 6, Free 8, Thea Render, Lumion
    Chief to Kerkythea & Thea Render Converter

Quote Originally Posted by sutcac View Post
    I think he was fully aware. Quite funny.
    You might be right.

Back to the bug at hand;

So, it is acknowledged as a bug in the program. It was not broken in the prior version, does not present in the newer beta version, but none the less will most likely not be repaired in the current version. Hopefully, it will...but probably not. Guess we'll see.
    Kind Regards,
    Dave Pitman

Current Version: X5
    System
    Win-7 64 bit
    Intel i7 930 (2.8 ghz x 4)
    Nvidia gtx 260 (1 gb ram)
    12 gb ddr3 ram

Quote Originally Posted by NW Dave View Post
    You might be right.

Back to the bug at hand;

So, it is acknowledged as a bug in the program. It was not broken in the prior version, does not present in the newer beta version, but none the less will most likely not be repaired in the current version. Hopefully, it will...but probably not. Guess we'll see.
    The question in my mind is which version is "more" correct.

In X4 the positions of the soffits, although they both line up, do not seem to be associated to the height of the fascia. So with a very short fascia, say 4-0/0", the soffits float in space.

In X5 the auto return soffit seems to be positioned in relation to the bottom edge of the fasica, so changing the height of the fascia changes the height of the soffit, which seems to me a good thing.

Now perhaps there is a setting somewhere that determines the height of the soffit but I have not found it. Is there one?
    Regards, Frederick C. Wilt (Began with v9, now using X6 aka v16)

cache is offline Registered User Promoted
    Any follow-up on this issue? I'm using X6 and there appear to be multiple auto roof return bugs in X6. I almost always have the problem in X6 where the soffit and frieze for auto roof returns do no match up. Also, there is a related problem. For flared roofs, the program generates the soffit above the fascia instead of the bottom of it. It appears that it generates the soffit straight out at the horizontal cut of the birds mouth in the rather. These roof bugs in X5 and X6 are getting very frustrating!

Quote Originally Posted by cache View Post
    Any follow-up on this issue? I'm using X6 and there appear to be multiple auto roof return bugs in X6. I almost always have the problem in X6 where the soffit and frieze for auto roof returns do no match up. Also, there is a related problem. For flared roofs, the program generates the soffit above the fascia instead of the bottom of it. It appears that it generates the soffit straight out at the horizontal cut of the birds mouth in the rather. These roof bugs in X5 and X6 are getting very frustrating!
    Please report the issues by creating a ticket in our support center.

Most important: Attach a plan showing the problem.

Our support team will look at each specific case and try to find a solution as well as make sure the issues are documented in our database.
    Dan Park,
    Special Projects Director,
    Chief Architect

cache is offline Registered User Promoted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Park View Post
    Please report the issues by creating a ticket in our support center.

Most important: Attach a plan showing the problem.

Our support team will look at each specific case and try to find a solution as well as make sure the issues are documented in our database.
    I was under the impression that the soffit misalignment problem had been reported multiple times already. Was wondering if there has been a fix. I did however create a ticket already, for that problem as well as the flared eaves issue. There are also a couple other bugs with the shadow boards functionality that I reported.