Line Label Height for Setback Lines

I am working on a plot plan in which I have placed setback lines, labeled SB/L. As I zoom in to both the plot plan and the layout file, the SB/L letters get very large.

I have tried messing with the "CAD, Plot Plan" text style looking for a way to limit the text size so it won't get too large on screen. I also looked through various text and CAD setting to no avail. I have x4 and CA's "What's new in x4" mentions that the line label height is controlled by the CAD text settings, but darned if I can find anything to help.

I read through the posts in the forum, but haven't been able to solve the problem. 'Anybody have any ideas on how to fix this? Thanks.

The line style text should default to the text style associated with the layer the line is on when printed. Print to PDF to verify.
    Mike Gabriel
    TLC Builders, LLC
    www.tlcbuildersllc.com

17" MacBook Pro (Thanks Chief, no BootCamp required!)
    X3, X4, X5, X6 Beta

Thanks. It printed OK, so I shouldn't have to worry about how it will appear in that regard. 'Any idea how to fix the text size problem in the plan and layout views?

I am unsure, but I believe we do not have control of the text height in plan and layout. I have had the exact same problem and resigned to the fact if it printed OK, I could deal with the display.
    Mike Gabriel
    TLC Builders, LLC
    www.tlcbuildersllc.com

17" MacBook Pro (Thanks Chief, no BootCamp required!)
    X3, X4, X5, X6 Beta

I don't understand the problem. As you zoom in the size of the letters get bigger? Isn't this what is supposed to happen?

BTW, this is going to change depending on whether or not you have "print preview" turned on. With print preview turned on the text should look just like it does when it prints. With print preview turned off, you get whatever the program draws on the screen.

Also, as far as I know, the size of the letters used in the line styles with text is controlled by the line style, not by the text style. This is why there are three different line styles for SB/L at three different sizes.
    Kilgore Trout

In Preferences set the Minimum display size to 0 to keep the dimensions and text the same size on screen as printed size even when zoomed out.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Display min..PNG 
Views:	154 
Size:	77.9 KB 
ID:	60337  
    William Page Architects A.I.A.
    pagearch@whidbeyisland.com

HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook
    Intel i7 CPU Q720@1.60 boost to 2.80 GHZ
    4.00 GB
    Graphics card 1GB Nvidia Geforce
    27" HDMI monitor

Thanks. The changes in Preferences keeps the dimensions and other text from getting larger when you zoom out, but for some reason not the text for the line being used to show the setback. All other text increases or decreases in size as it should as you zoom in or out. It's in the "CAD, Plot Plan" layer as it should be. "Print preview" does keep it the text size from increasing as you zoom out.

Turn on "Line weights" will also keep the line/text used from the line styles from increasing when zoomed out.
    William Page Architects A.I.A.
    pagearch@whidbeyisland.com

HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook
    Intel i7 CPU Q720@1.60 boost to 2.80 GHZ
    4.00 GB
    Graphics card 1GB Nvidia Geforce
    27" HDMI monitor

Line Styles are simply 2D Graphics and they will get larger as you zoom in and smaller as you zoom out. Only dimension text and Label text (Doors, Windows, etc) are effected by those Preference Settings. I just leave those as 0 and 0.
    Joseph P. Carrick, Architect - AIA
    ASUS M51AC Desktop, core i7-4770 CPU @3.4 GHZ, 16 GB Ram, NVidea GT640 with60M with 3GB GM, 30" HiRes (2560/1600) Monitor , (2) 24" ASUS Monitors
    Windows 8.1
    Chief Architect 9, 10, X1, X3, X4 Premium, X5 Premium, X6 Premium