enter coordinates DBX

Over in suggestions johnnyprc posted a link to a youtube video about making cabinet doors with P-solids. In the video they say "hit tab" and a dbx saying "enter coordinates" pops up. I've never seen this and can't for the life of me find it in the help or in the settings. I assume I have something set that does not allow it to pop up? any help please?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Enter Coordiinates box.jpg 
Views:	160 
Size:	61.6 KB 
ID:	60255

While I'm at it, if anyone watched it or uses Pline solids to make doors (I always use SU) is it possible to use this method and get the wood grain going the correct direction on the rails? On the door they create all the grain goes in the same direction.
    Mark McAniff, Highland, NY

X5 Interiors
    Sager NP9150 Win8, i7 3840-2.8, GTX 670MX 3GB, 16GB DDR3, 256 mSSD, 500HDD
    Dell M4500 Win7 Pro-64, i7 M620, Quadro FX 880M, 8GB

MarkJames & Co. Designers of fine kitchens, baths, and built-ins.
    www.markjames.co

You need to grab a handle to start dragging an object or edge first and then hit the tab key.
    Kilgore Trout

Tried that with no luck

X5 Interiors

www.markjames.co

You have to hit tab before you let go of the mouse button
    Michael

Chief Architect X3-X6
    Windows 7
    I5 Quad core 8 GB
    NVIDEA Ge Force GT430

And if that still doesn't work, must be something wrong with your keyboard or keyboard driver.
    Michael

Chief Architect X3-X6
    Windows 7
    I5 Quad core 8 GB
    NVIDEA Ge Force GT430

Hmm-pretty new clean machine, tab works selecting objects, I live on the keys and no issues anywhere but here. Is there something in prefs? Or hotkeys? I might have changed?

OK so I went to the office and got my other machine. Same thing.
    Following the video I create a pline solid, copy past in place, hold "C" and drag from a corner now have a smaller solid inside the first. All fine. Then...
    I've: A) grabbed a node and hit tab, B) started to pull a node and hit tab, C)clicked in a dim and hit tab- tried nodes on side, bottom and corner. Each time I hit tab I get nada- lose the selection entirely.
    I also lose the ability to select the second pline completely.
    I went into task manager and shut down practically every non microsoft background process, no change.
    Doing this a few dozen times I finally notice a ghost of a pop up flash then go away.
    Either I'm a clutz, missing something, there is a setting (likely have the same settings on both machines), this doesn't work in interiors? there is a conflict on two machines one in Win 7 and one in Win 8... Guess I'll try support on Tuesday.

1) Select the edit handle you want to move or you can do this while creating new objects as well.
    2) Click and start dragging.
    3) Without releasing the mouse button either hit tab or Enter. Enter is handy if you are left handed mouser.
    4) At that point a dialog should pop up allowing you to enter the coordinates of the end point of your line.

If you let up on the mouse before you hit tab or enter you will get the behavior you are describing.
    Doug Park
    Principal Software Architect
    Chief Architect, Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by Doug Park View Post
    ....................... or Enter. Enter is handy if you are left handed mouser.........................
    Great tip, thanks.
    D. Scott Hall (The Bridge Troll)
    San Diego, Ca.
    Chief X-5 w/ Win 7
    Asus P6T X58 ATX Core i7
    Intel Core i7 920
    6GB (3X2) DDR3 1600
    NVIDIA GeForce 580 GTX

The videos we watch are not 100% gold, but if we find a gold nugget, the time spent viewing has a value.

We can please some of the people some of the time, but we can't please all the people all of the time..... but I will keep trying.

If you are interested in keeping abreast of any new videos, please subscribe to my channel at YOUTUBE...... channel is ds hall

Sounded good, was hoping it was just a klutz factor and in the 78 tries I'd failed to do that but No go, just tried several more times, both tab and enter. ..frustrating as looks like useful.
    Doug is this possibly something that is not in "Interiors"?

X5 Interiors

www.markjames.co

3) Without releasing the mouse button either hit tab or Enter. Enter is handy if you are left handed mouser......................
    Not such a great tip, you can't double hit the enter key to change the number in the "Y" direction, back to the TAB KEY, double TAB, and I can change the "Y" direction.
    San Diego, Ca.
    Chief X-5 w/ Win 7
    Asus P6T X58 ATX Core i7
    Intel Core i7 920
    6GB (3X2) DDR3 1600
    NVIDIA GeForce 580 GTX

The videos we watch are not 100% gold, but if we find a gold nugget, the time spent viewing has a value.

We can please some of the people some of the time, but we can't please all the people all of the time..... but I will keep trying.

If you are interested in keeping abreast of any new videos, please subscribe to my channel at YOUTUBE...... channel is ds hall

Yes. As it turns out this is only in the Premier version. Some of our productivity features are only included in Premier.
    Doug Park
    Principal Software Architect
    Chief Architect, Inc.

Yes. As it turns out this is only in the Premier version. Some of our productivity features are only included in Premier.
    Confused, X-5 is not the Premier version?
    San Diego, Ca.
    Chief X-5 w/ Win 7
    Asus P6T X58 ATX Core i7
    Intel Core i7 920
    6GB (3X2) DDR3 1600
    NVIDIA GeForce 580 GTX

X5 comes as "premier" and as "interiors" which is supposedly "tailored" for the need, sales will tell you that you don't need premier "if you don't have to go inside the walls".
    Funny that a demo video for making cabinet doors uses an unavailable feature.