item (electrical symbol) is offset in camera view

In X1 I imported a decora switch that I created in sketchup, and after massive trial and error managed to associate a plan symbol to go with it. Just as I was patting myself on the back for creating something that I'm sure must already exist, I noticed a weird problem- When I view the symbol (switch) in elevation, it appears 2" higher than I specified. I specified 48" above the floor, but it appears at about 51". I thought I would simply change the floor offset in the symbol creation dbx, but I notice that when I click on the symbol in elevation it outlines it in the right place (48" high). In other words, the symbol thinks it's in the right place, but appears higher. I've had this happen with other symbols in the past also. Has anyone experienced symbols being "offset" from their outline when they are highlighted?Click image for larger version. 

Name:	switch.png 
Views:	96 
Size:	3.1 KB 
ID:	60254 As shown in the screenshot, the highlighted box is lower than the actual symbol

Can you post the symbol you created?? You probably have to adjust the origin setting.
    Michael

Chief Architect X3-X6
    Windows 7
    I5 Quad core 8 GB
    NVIDEA Ge Force GT430

Thanks a lot Michael, I played around with the origin settings and was able to correct the problem. I'm not clear why the z axis affects the vertical positioning, as I would think that would be the y axis, but I guess it's different in 3d.

The axis directions should all be viewed from plan view...

x, left to right
    y, bottom to top
    z, front to back (which you won't see in plan view, only in 3D)

The axis doesn't change with the view. Moving the symbol higher up the wall would be moving it on the z axis no matter which view you're in.
    Michael

Chief Architect X3-X6
    Windows 7
    I5 Quad core 8 GB
    NVIDEA Ge Force GT430