Explode Bath Tub

I need to cut a corner of the bathtub. I do not know how to explode this symbol to edit it. Any help appreciated.
    Thanks!
    debbee

Try to go to the manufacturer's website and see if they have a 3d model. If, not then try Sketchup warehouse. If not then try to create your own and call it a representation and callout the exact model you are using. The 2d is very easy to change in the cad block DBX.
    Perry
    P.H. DESIGNS L.L.C.
    Eastvale Calif.
    Alienware, liquid cooled
    Ver 10-"X6 x64 SSA
    WIN 8.1 PRO 64 bit
    Nvidia GTX780 3GB.
    i7 920 2.67-- 12 GB Ram
    40" led monitor

New to Chief - SoftPlan user for 15 yrs so all the lingo is Greek to me. Manufacturer's website is a bust. Sketchup warehouse? In SoftPlan there is a explode button that explodes symbols and you can modify easily. I read postings and it seems that Chief does not have that...am I correct?

Using p-solids you can create your own, then create a symbol from that. Not sure about exploding an existing symbol though. I think not.

BTW, how do you compare Softplan to Chief?
    Perry
    P.H. DESIGNS L.L.C.
    Eastvale Calif.
    Alienware, liquid cooled
    Ver 10-"X6 x64 SSA
    WIN 8.1 PRO 64 bit
    Nvidia GTX780 3GB.
    i7 920 2.67-- 12 GB Ram
    40" led monitor

Not sure...just started using Chief this week.

you can use the free version of sketchup to edit symbols and create a new symbol

chief works very well with .SKP files

check out the free Trimble 3D warehouse
    if you find a symbol then import directly into chief or edit in Sketchup if needed

symbol quality may vary - some may have hugh face counts

you will need to use the 32-bit version of chief to import
    but it shares same library as the 64-bit chief

Lew
    Lew Buttery
    Castle Golden Design - "We make dreams visible"

Lockport, NY
    716-434-5051
    www.castlegoldendesign.com
    lbuttery at castlegoldendesign.com

CHIEF X5 (started with v9.5)

Did you look in the library? There are a couple of different tubs in the library that might be close to what you are looking for. Check out the "corner left" and "corner right" bathtubs.

There really isn't a good way to explode most symbols. Some of the things in the library are really blocks that can be exploded but most are just collections of surfaces. You can place them into a blank plan and remove surfaces in a camera view or add more surfaces by using all kinds of other objects to create new symbols.

Personally, I would not try to create my own bathtub symbol. I would use one of the stock ones that chief already has or find one online that I could import. There are other symbols that I wouldn't hesitate to make right in Chief because they are much easier.
    Kilgore Trout

Quote Originally Posted by debbeemetz View Post
    New to Chief - SoftPlan user for 15 yrs so all the lingo is Greek to me. Manufacturer's website is a bust. Sketchup warehouse? In SoftPlan there is a explode button that explodes symbols and you can modify easily. I read postings and it seems that Chief does not have that...am I correct?
    That is correct - Chief does not have modify tools like you are referencing (if you are talking about shape modification). You can create items from scratch, use and import from sketchup (which many of us do), or find the item for download.

So you know, Chief GREATLY excels at things other apps don't. The quark is that Chief also doesn't do a lot of simple things well or at all - and that drives me nuts. What Chief does do well is so much further ahead than most apps it keeps us here while begging and screaming for basic improvements that should be a no-brainer.

I am very curious why you left Softplan for Chief. I do agree Chief is superior, but the apps seem so similar in some regards.
    X5
    i7-3930k Dell XPS - 16GB Ram
    (2) 30" Dell 3008WFP Monitors
    Wacom 24HD

I thought I would share a video of how vectorworks can change "attributes" of a shape while maintaining other forms of the symbol. I'd love for Chief to be able to do this within the app.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ptI7Rs8RqiA
    X5
    i7-3930k Dell XPS - 16GB Ram
    (2) 30" Dell 3008WFP Monitors
    Wacom 24HD

Thanks. I have had numerous printing problems. They refuse to go to .dwg format for ease of working with other programs. The .dfx sometimes comes out shaky looking. Have been wanting to try Chief and see if it will fit my needs better.

its seems a nice forum
    great discussion

thanks for sharing
    pass4sure pass4sure
    actualtests 70-648 braindumps actualtests 70-648 braindumps
    actualtests 70-662 braindumps actualtests 70-662 braindumps
    actualtests 70-649 braindumps actualtests 70-649 braindumps
    actualtests a+ certification exam actualtests a+ certification exam

If you aren't doing 3D images of the tub in your CD's, you can modify the tub's 2D CAD block so it looks proper in your plan view. There have been many threads on this procedure if you do a search. You can read about it in the manual.
    Curt Johnson

X5

Puget Systems Custom Computer, Win 7 Pro 64-bit SP1, 3.3Ghz Intel Core i5 2500K Quad, 8 GB Kingston DDR3-1333 Ram, Intel X25-M 80 GB SSD App Drive, WD 500 GB Caviar Blue SATA 6 Gb/s Data Drive, EVGA GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1024MB VC, Antec 650W PS, Asus p8P67 Pro REV 3.0 Motherboard