Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    The other thing that can determine the printed output is the type of printer (or probably print resolution). If I print on a bublejet the lines are thicker than if i print on My Xerox photocopier.
    Graeme Taylor

currently loaded X3.1 & X4.2-64 bit & X5 64 bit
    also used v7 to x12
    AMD Phenom 2 black 980 3.7 GHz quad core
    8GB DDR3-1333 RAM
    NVIDIA GEForce GTX560 1024Mb graphics
    win 7 -64 bit
    2 x 24 inch monitors

Quote Originally Posted by mkennedy View Post
    P - have you been able (or anyone else for that matter) been able to get a macro to report the text (A1, A2) to the shet index? That would be really, really neat. In the past weeks I A) Added a sheet but forgot to update the index, got kicked back in plan check and B) Added a sheet in the index but forgot to past the PDF into the layou page so nothing printed - again, got kicked back in plan check. Both user error, both easily avoided with tight integration between sheets, sheet numbering and the sheet index.
    Be great to see the same things for callouts and details, I' know there have been threas on this topic in the past.
    No, the A1.0, A1.1, A1.2 / S1.0, S1.1 etc. is just standard text on the layout, this way it's very easy to add and delete pages but the index must be changes. Hope they fix all that. Using this method, when you add a page it becomes A1.3 and A1.4 also easy to change the index without re-numbering, you are just adding and deleting pages.
    Perry
    P.H. DESIGNS L.L.C.
    Eastvale Calif.
    Alienware, liquid cooled
    Ver 10-"X6 x64 SSA
    WIN 8.1 PRO 64 bit
    Nvidia GTX780 3GB.
    i7 920 2.67-- 12 GB Ram
    40" led monitor

A Sheet Schedule/Index (requires some new Ruby Attributes with Sheet Label & Sheet Name) would solve this problem.

Sheet Label - G-1,G-2,G-3..., A-1,A-2,A-3,A-4...., S-1,S-2,S-3,... etc.
    Sheet Name - COVER SHEET, GENERAL NOTES, ...................

Sheet Schedule - reads the current list of Sheets (Sheet Label & Sheet Name) to fill in the Schedule/Index.

I hope CA is Lurking on this one
    Joseph P. Carrick, Architect - AIA
    ASUS M51AC Desktop, core i7-4770 CPU @3.4 GHZ, 16 GB Ram, NVidea GT640 with60M with 3GB GM, 30" HiRes (2560/1600) Monitor , (2) 24" ASUS Monitors
    Windows 8.1
    Chief Architect 9, 10, X1, X3, X4 Premium, X5 Premium, X6 Premium

Yeah, decimal sheet naming has been pretty standard for decades.
    I just hark back to the bad old days when everything had attributes, that could be defined at the point\time of insertion, then extracted to a spreadsheet or a database, that could be linked, live to the drawing, either in plan or in layout.
    And I could have graphics that displayed on screen but didn't print.
    Anyway, I'm trying assiduously to avoid the 2d CAD debate, so I'm happy to just stick to schedules, macros, text editing, labels\callouts, tables and the like.
    Matt Kennedy
    Win7, v2 beta thru x6