Threaded View

I find that noteblocks display\snap better when placed directly in layout. I don't like to display layout borders, I find that I often want things placed overlapping each others "white space".
    Layout views snap to the the layout border NOT to a border (pline or whatever) in the view. By using noteblocks placed directly into layout the noteblocks snap to the text box, making my life a little simpler. In addition, I can set the noteblocks to auto size by height or width as desired, so I can arrange things to be visually pleasing, neat and tidy more quickly than if I have to deal with layou views.
    I'm bouncing back and forth with details. I generally decide the detail scale before annotation and apply an annoset accordingly. I leave lineweights to be determined by layout scale but size the text, arrows tick marks and so on. I have tried dropping details right into layout, this actually works nicely - I set the fill on the detail border in the detail, then it displays similar to text with the detail hiding the layout graphics it's superposed on. I can drop details right on the relevant layout and key them with a leader.
    I think what I'll try next is a saved details plan, with standard details for common configurations and a white out box that will hide chiefs auto sheet number. I'll label that sheet D-1 with a text box placed over the whiteout box, right in the plan, (and D-2, D-3 if a job needs more detail sheets) OR I'll just give up on CAs auto numbering, number sheets manually and see if I can assign a value to the sheet number that will populate a sheet index. I've always keyed my detail by detail number\sheet, maybe I could simplify my life by just using detail number? An numbering details continuously from one sheet to the next?
    Matt Kennedy
    Win7, v2 beta thru x6