Brick Ledge Inside Corner

Brick ledge inside corners are forming differently in my X5 Trial, compared to X4. I expected to open the plan in X5 and see the same results as X4, but didn't. Either there has been a change made in X5, or my X5 Trial is not current. I need the inside corners the same as in X4. I haven't spent any time looking for a solution, as this is probably common knowledge. I did a brief search under brick ledge, but no luck. Could use a little help. I've attached two jpg's and a simple monolithic slab plan (X4). The circled areas (inside corners) are where the differences are occurring....Thanks

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	X4.jpg 
Views:	202 
Size:	33.9 KB 
ID:	59820Click image for larger version. 

Name:	X5.jpg 
Views:	243 
Size:	43.7 KB 
ID:	59821

Test.zip
    Cliff
    X6

Vista Home Premium SP-2
    Gateway FX6800-01e
    Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz
    7.00 GB RAM DDR 3........64-bit OS
    NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250/PCIe/SSE2 1024 MB Memory

See if "Inside" is checked.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	inside mouldong.PNG 
Views:	156 
Size:	26.4 KB 
ID:	59826  
    William Page Architects A.I.A.
    pagearch@whidbeyisland.com

HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook
    Intel i7 CPU Q720@1.60 boost to 2.80 GHZ
    4.00 GB
    Graphics card 1GB Nvidia Geforce
    27" HDMI monitor

Quote Originally Posted by kenoeightspot View Post
    See if "Inside" is checked.
    Thanks for the reply. There are no molding polylines. This is an auto generated monolithic foundation. I've added a couple more jpg's, from a different angle, that may show better. In my first post, if anyone would open the "Test.plan" in X4, open the Camera View, notice the inside corners, close, then do the same in X5. Mine are showing differently.....Thanks.

Name:	X4-1.jpg 
Views:	151 
Size:	44.4 KB 
ID:	59830Click image for larger version. 

Name:	X5-1.jpg 
Views:	148 
Size:	53.5 KB 
ID:	59831
    Cliff
    X6

Vista Home Premium SP-2
    Gateway FX6800-01e

I thought you were talking about a brick ledge at a pony wall that goes around the building. Foundation brick ledge,gotcha.
    William Page Architects A.I.A.
    pagearch@whidbeyisland.com

HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook
    Intel i7 CPU Q720@1.60 boost to 2.80 GHZ
    4.00 GB
    Graphics card 1GB Nvidia Geforce
    27" HDMI monitor

Cliff:

I think you have discovered a small bug in the program. I get the same results that you do. You should report this to Chief Architect.
    Curt Johnson

X5

Puget Systems Custom Computer, Win 7 Pro 64-bit SP1, 3.3Ghz Intel Core i5 2500K Quad, 8 GB Kingston DDR3-1333 Ram, Intel X25-M 80 GB SSD App Drive, WD 500 GB Caviar Blue SATA 6 Gb/s Data Drive, EVGA GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1024MB VC, Antec 650W PS, Asus p8P67 Pro REV 3.0 Motherboard

Quote Originally Posted by ambrozac View Post
    Brick ledge inside corners are forming differently in my X5 Trial, compared to X4. I expected to open the plan in X5 and see the same results as X4, but didn't. Either there has been a change made in X5, or my X5 Trial is not current. I need the inside corners the same as in X4. I haven't spent any time looking for a solution, as this is probably common knowledge. I did a brief search under brick ledge, but no luck. Could use a little help. I've attached two jpg's and a simple monolithic slab plan (X4). The circled areas (inside corners) are where the differences are occurring....Thanks

Name:	X4.jpg 
Views:	202 
Size:	33.9 KB 
ID:	59820Click image for larger version. 

Name:	X5.jpg 
Views:	243 
Size:	43.7 KB 
ID:	59821

Test.zip
    Yep, I checked it out. I don't do these alot, if at all, so I did not know about this. But I agree, I see the issue with X-5. So you did not have the same issue with X-4? I did not realize this.

On a different note, apparently the brick ledge does not show in plan... is this correct? I understand the JPEGS you have provided show the brick ledge, but I believe that is because I am looking at a 3D view. What a bunch of nonsense, the brick ledge SHOULD show in plan view. So what do you do? Do you use CAD lines to represent the "rebate/brick ledge"? Nonsense, this is a no brainer, the brick ledge should show in plan view.

Maybe in X-6 they will fix this brick ledge issue you have discovered and while they are at it, maybe they will show the brick ledge/rebate in plan view..... hope for the best.
    D. Scott Hall (The Bridge Troll)
    San Diego, Ca.
    Chief X-5 w/ Win 7
    Asus P6T X58 ATX Core i7
    Intel Core i7 920
    6GB (3X2) DDR3 1600
    NVIDIA GeForce 580 GTX

The videos we watch are not 100% gold, but if we find a gold nugget, the time spent viewing has a value.

We can please some of the people some of the time, but we can't please all the people all of the time..... but I will keep trying.

If you are interested in keeping abreast of any new videos, please subscribe to my channel at YOUTUBE...... channel is ds hall

Quote Originally Posted by Curtis Johnson View Post
    I think you have discovered a small bug in the program. I get the same results that you do. You should report this to Chief Architect.
    Thanks Curt. I didn't think I would be getting any further responses to my questions, so I did send in a report. It was confirmed. I would like to purchase X5, but will wait to see if it will be fixed, or at least acknowledged it will be fixed in X6.

So you did not have the same issue with X-4?
    Scott, it forms correctly in X4.

On a different note, apparently the brick ledge does not show in plan... is this correct?... So what do you do? Do you use CAD lines to represent the "rebate/brick ledge"?
    That's correct. I take a vector camera view (top view), send to CAD, then transfer those lines back to my foundation view.

Maybe in X-6 they will fix this brick ledge issue you have discovered and while they are at it, maybe they will show the brick ledge/rebate in plan view..... hope for the best.
    That's what I'm hoping for........Thanks for everyone's help.
    Cliff
    X6

Vista Home Premium SP-2
    Gateway FX6800-01e

You know what they should do is allow us to set a custom profile for our foundation/slab details like we do for moldings etc. That would then allow almost limitless options and I think adding that would be simple in CA - so much is based upon profiles.
    X5
    i7-3930k Dell XPS - 16GB Ram
    (2) 30" Dell 3008WFP Monitors
    Wacom 24HD